PDA

View Full Version : indefinite leave to remain visa How long does it take once posted to them

chippy
4th November 2007, 16:21
Hi everyone

Can anyone who done there application thru the post for indefinite leave to remain, please advise me how long it has taken to arrive back.

thanks
chippy

andypaul
4th November 2007, 17:33
Can vary a great deal, and normally weeks to a couple of months dfrom what i have read, im sure others will have more experience as we did same day ilr application at croydon.

joebloggs
4th November 2007, 21:55
should take around 4wks for most people.

vbkelly
5th November 2007, 10:16
Hi everyone

Can anyone who done there application thru the post for indefinite leave to remain, please advise me how long it has taken to arrive back.

thanks
chippy

by post normally runs to 3to 4weeks but its depend if there's no problem in your documents,and the payment for by post is £750 goodluck chippy

LadyJ
5th November 2007, 11:39
Hi Chippy, This is depend If you post all the required supporting documents with your application, specially with your English Language and Life in the UK test certificate and your application may be delayed or refused If you posted too early in a category in which you have to complete a set period.

You should received their acknowledgement letter after a week or two.

Never inquire the progress of your application unless you really need to.

YOu can check the progress of the application to the Home Office website http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/makinganapplication/

Good luck to you!

Gie
5th November 2007, 15:58
I've got mine in 3 weeks...yes, they are usually 3 to 4 weeks and if there's any document that they needed from you, they will going to let you know through post.