PDA

View Full Version : Bus drivers

stevewool
19th September 2014, 06:47
Kings of the road are they, they pull out on you, and drive as fast or as slow as they want to.

This morning taking Ems to work, this bus was doing 22 mph. I was behind him and there were chevrons and crossings along the road so I could not overtake at all. But there was a gap coming up, and what did this :sexy_146: do? Yep, put his foot down at that spot.

This was just after 6am so the roads were very very quiet. I am not saying speed - but if it says 30 do 30 I say.

joebloggs
19th September 2014, 07:05
I'll defend bus drivers a bit, imagine if you had to deal with 30+ people in your cabin Steve, it cant be an easy job. Worst of all, a busload of school kids :cwm24:. Anyone would snap and :cwm23::furious3::xxaction-smiley-047

stevewool
19th September 2014, 08:11
I agree Joe, but this one had just started his shift, the lights were not even on inside. I think he was on his way to his round. Like I said, I don't speed and I don't expect anyone else to, but just keep to the speed limits.

jake
19th September 2014, 11:10
I will let you drive my wife's car down Edsa the next time you are over here in the Philippines.

You will go home and think British bus drivers are the best. :icon_lol:

My wife's father drove a bus for 30 years from Southern Tagalog to Manila 2 to 3 times a day, 6 days a week and never had a single accident :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Left home at 3.30am every morning and arrived home between 5.30 and 8pm daily. Who said filipino men were lazy!

Michael Parnham
19th September 2014, 11:30
Probably some old pal of yours or an ex-trucker just winding you up Steve! :Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
19th September 2014, 13:49
I suppose driving a bus would be very monotonous doing the same route day in, day out, and then having to put up with nonsense from other road users as well as those who use the bus. No wonder most of them are grumpy.

KeithD
19th September 2014, 19:27
I love driving on EDSA.... average speed is 0.5mph so I can have a sleep :biggrin: