PDA

View Full Version : Making a Spectacle

sars_notd_virus
23rd September 2014, 19:35
Anyone else have the same problem we are having at the moment ? Trying to get prescription glasses that fits one's face properly ?

It's mostly a problem with the bridge, The ones with arms and pads need to be almost straightened out to sit on the face properly but finding frames without the pads that sit on the face comfortable is hard with such a small bridge :mad:

Is this the same in PH, where I guess they are more geared up for our shape of face ?

joebloggs
23rd September 2014, 19:58
My misses had worn glasses for most of her life. First thing she did when she started work was to get her eyes lasered. Cost her about £100 a month for 2yrs. She says it's the best thing she ever did - and that includes marrying me :cwm24:

sars_notd_virus
23rd September 2014, 20:01
My misses had worn glasses for most of her life. First thing she did when she started work was to get her eyes lasered. Cost her about £100 a month for 2yrs. She says it's the best thing she ever did - and that includes marrying me :cwm24:

Yes, we are considering laser but she's only 12years old at the moment :readingpapers:

joebloggs
23rd September 2014, 20:14
I see :doh, well our 13-yr-old daughter gets her prescription specs from Asda :wink:

sars_notd_virus
23rd September 2014, 20:20
I see :doh, well our 13-yr-old daughter gets her prescription specs from Asda :wink:

Yes we got her prescription from Asda with the pads on, but trying to get a pair of glasses without the pads on the bridge that don't sit on her cheeks.

Arthur Little
24th September 2014, 02:19
I see :doh

:laugher: ... very punny in the circumstances, Joe!

KeithD
24th September 2014, 08:48
The best thing to do is have a nose job that fits the glasses :crazy:

Abigail
24th September 2014, 10:53
I have glasses but always have a problem with the length of the legs. I think my ears must be too close to my nose or something cos the legs always stick away out the back of my head. Asda are my best bet though. It sounds like she needs to get very thin glasses. Mine are rectangular lenses and quite thin so they don't come too far down my cheeks if you know what I mean! I don't like them sitting on my cheeks either

SimonH
24th September 2014, 11:09
Buy my frames online these days, less than half the high street prices :smile:

http://www.fashioneyewear.co.uk