PDA

View Full Version : Scotland to try independence again?

Terpe
25th September 2014, 10:13
Nicola Sturgeon hints at prospect of second independence referendum

The MSP who hopes to make history by becoming the first woman to lead the Scottish Parliament has suggested another referendum on independence could be held in the near future.

More here (http://https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/referendum/355444/sturgeon-hints-at-prospect-of-second-independence-referendum/)

les_taxi
25th September 2014, 11:02
If they choose to have another we should tell em to .... off

andy222
25th September 2014, 12:10
Time to make your mind up Les. First you want them to stay in the uk. Now you want to tell them to **** off. A bit like Man utds defence confused.:biggrin:

les_taxi
25th September 2014, 12:47
No not at all. Of course I wanted them to stay and am glad they have.what I'm saying is I understood that having voted the vote was it.meaning for a good many years there would not be another vote.If your saying that maybe in a couple of years you can vote again then its a sham.if it was proposed I would hope the rest of the UK would have their say and tell Scotland we are leaving them.

jake
25th September 2014, 13:03
No not at all. Of course I wanted them to stay and am glad they have.what I'm saying is I understood that having voted the vote was it.meaning for a good many years there would not be another vote.If your saying that maybe in a couple of years you can vote again then its a sham.if it was proposed I would hope the rest of the UK would have their say and tell Scotland we are leaving them.

So, how long do you propose the people of Scotland wait to vote again?

Every 5 years there is a general election and the people are allowed to decide if they want to keep a certain party in power based on their performance. The Westminster politicians promised this and that to the Scottish people. What if they fail to delivery. Perhaps a certain amount of NO voters may change their mind and want to vote YES based on the failure to deliver these promises.

bigmarco
25th September 2014, 13:12
A waste of time and money holding another one so soon unless of course Westminster breaks its promises

les_taxi
25th September 2014, 13:35
At least 10 years. Any less and we might as well fix a date now! We are jumping the gun say Westminster may fail on their promises.
Stergeon is a right old bag lol

jake
25th September 2014, 13:38
We are jumping the gun say Westminster may fail on their promisesl

That part is guaranteed, no matter who is in power :wink:

Abigail
25th September 2014, 13:52
Even as a yes voter I think this is stupid. The vote has been and now we should all be given time to see how the outcome of that vote works out. I mean what is she planning a vote every couple of years until we get the outcome she wants. Give the 'NO' voters a chance to prove they have made the right decision at least

les_taxi
25th September 2014, 14:12
Even as a yes voter I think this is stupid. The vote has been and now we should all be given time to see how the outcome of that vote works out. I mean what is she planning a vote every couple of years until we get the outcome she wants. Give the 'NO' voters a chance to prove they have made the right decision at least

Common sense, well said :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Abigail
25th September 2014, 14:24
Thanks for the rep Les :biggrin:

Arthur Little
25th September 2014, 17:13
A waste of time and money holding another one so soon unless of course Westminster breaks its promises

:yeahthat:'s true, Marco ... unless of course - as you've indicated - *Westminster reneges on its deal ... :anerikke: ... in which case, *it would be paving the way towards a mandate for a **further referendum - and **justifiably so!