PDA

View Full Version : Classic TV programmes you have never seen (but most people have)

les_taxi
27th September 2014, 00:11
Friends,The Sopranos.

Keep meaning to catch up on The Sopranos as it is quality but a lot of Episodes to catch up.

grahamw48
27th September 2014, 00:25
Never seen one episode of the Sopranos...never appealed to me.

Friends on the other hand, used to watch every episode with my kids when we were in the Phils. Loved it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
27th September 2014, 06:44
Quite a number of programs really - Sopranos included. See things advertised then, after a few moments, forgotten about it, due to something else taking my mind away from it that's far more important! :Erm:

Slip
27th September 2014, 06:45
Never seen Friends or Sopranos.

Not seen 'Breaking Bad' either, apparently it brilliant.

stevewool
27th September 2014, 07:58
I HATE FRIENDS, The series i may just add

fred
27th September 2014, 09:14
Friends,The soprano's,
Keep meaning to catch up on Soprano's as it is quality but a lot of Episodes to catch up.

I watched all the Soprano shows a couple of years back..
This was a pretty good episode..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAaBhDSlK8w

les_taxi
27th September 2014, 09:50
It's rated as the best tv drama of all time - I should start to watch it as I love gangster films :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
27th September 2014, 09:51
Never watched Strictly and never will :yikes:

mickcant
27th September 2014, 10:00
Never watched Strictly and never will :yikes:

Am with you there :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Nor do I watch the X-Factor (or whatever it's called) when I see Simon Cowell on the screen I want to kick it in!
Mick.:cwm23:

stevewool
27th September 2014, 10:03
I LOVE Strictly just to see a bit of leg and a show of the pants. I was thinking this and not meant to write it down :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Michael Parnham
27th September 2014, 10:09
i LOVE Strictly just to see a bit of leg and a show of the pants, I was thinking this and not meant to write it down :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Pixie Lott is my choice already! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
27th September 2014, 10:12
Am with you there :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Nor do I watch the X-Factor (or whatever it's called) when I see Simon Cowell on the screen I want to kick it in!
Mick.:cwm23:

Sorry Mick, but I admire Simon Cowell, self-made Millionaire who just speaks his mind! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
27th September 2014, 10:30
Sorry Mick, but I admire Simon Cowell, self-made Millionaire who just speaks his mind! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

He has not made any money from me voting on his crap show :cwm25:
Mick. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
27th September 2014, 10:52
He has not made any money from me voting on his crap show :cwm25:
Mick. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:, It's good to watch but never ever make that call, in fact does anyone know anyone who does call in?

I reckon Les might - when he's alone in his taxi bored

les_taxi
27th September 2014, 11:27
Used to watch X Factor but no more. It's more self promotion of the judges than anything else. Then you get the case of the women left with 3 kids, husband died of cancer. Yes she can sing a little but she's not great. At the end of her performance her cute 3 kids rush on stage to the background of a sentimental song like 'I Believe I Can Fly' and all the audience are in tears. People vote out of sympathy. Pile of crap. Meanwhile ratings sore and Cowell is the real winner.

stevewool
27th September 2014, 11:38
Used to watch X Factor but no more. It's more self promotion of the judges than anything else. Then you get the case of the women left with 3 kids, husband died of cancer. Yes she can sing a little but she's not great. At the end of her performance her cute 3 kids rush on stage to the background of a sentimental song like 'I Believe I Can Fly' and all the audience are in tears. People vote out of sympathy. Pile of crap. Meanwhile ratings sore and Cowell is the real winner.

Bloody hell Les, that brought a tear to my eye, no wonder you call in all the time

Terpe
27th September 2014, 11:42
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:, It's good to watch but never ever make that call, in fact does anyone know anyone who does call in?
I reckon Les might - when he's alone in his taxi bored

Or when he's in his care home rocking chair waiting for his bath :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
27th September 2014, 11:54
My list would be quite long as I'm not an avid TV watcher.

Never watched a full episode of Soprano's or Friends. Last show of that kind of ilk from across the pond I regularly watched was Different Strokes. :cwm3:

stevewool
27th September 2014, 11:57
The best - and I mean the best - for such a long time is the series House of Cards, starring Kevin Spacey. If you have the chance to watch it, you will not be disappointed! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
27th September 2014, 12:15
Sorry Mick, but I admire Simon Cowell, self-made Millionaire who just speaks his mind! :xxgrinning--00xx3:Can't say I do.

His smugness is nauseating.

Arthur Little
27th September 2014, 12:23
Can't say I do.

His smugness is nauseating.

Hmm :icon_rolleyes: ... 'twould be a treat to see the guy "properly dressed" with a collar and tie for a change! :biggrin:

Iani
27th September 2014, 12:45
Never watched Fawlty Towers

Gave up on 24 after series 3, and I believe from what I've heard it was the right thing to do.

Now Friends, not sure I can say I liked it or not. I do know it was something my partner of the time and I used to look forward to, when it was new episodes being aired. It was actually one of those things which was an "event", the number of people (mostly women) who'd be near peeing themselves in excitement that Thursday was approaching. Think this was about the time of season 5.

X Files felt like that too. Now I kind of miss that, as there isn't as far as I know something similar for "nowadays".

X factor I can take or leave, but they need to leave the formula alone. It's dropped viewing figures in the last few years because they messed with it. What fans want is the auditions, then boot camp, then into the knock-out stages with votes. No gimmicks, no sudden kick four out at one go as a surprise - just simple "you're good enough - people will vote for you" stuff.

Wifey is a right fan, so I'm watching too, and although the sort of winners they churn out isn't my cup of tea, I reckon they have some decent quality this year, and it's going to be difficult to choose. Might be the best year for the last 3 years.

Last time I watched that was 2 years ago, a one-off viewing of a late stage, and they had a number of contestants who were well off key, and they were told how good they were. What the hell! This year though, they have a number who can actually sing

Ako Si Jamie
27th September 2014, 13:11
Used to watch X Factor but no more. It's more self promotion of the judges than anything else. Then you get the case of the women left with 3 kids, husband died of cancer. Yes she can sing a little but she's not great. At the end of her performance her cute 3 kids rush on stage to the background of a sentimental song like 'I Believe I Can Fly' and all the audience are in tears. People vote out of sympathy. Pile of crap. Meanwhile ratings sore and Cowell is the real winner.Even worse with the return of the vastly overrated Cheryl Cole, or whatever her name is now. :yawn: