PDA

View Full Version : All DHL'd

Slip
29th September 2014, 12:26
Just been out and sent off the last of the paperwork (payslips, bank statements etc etc) to Harlene in Philippines for the visa application. Cost me £36.95 for a half kilo envelope! But I have every confidence it will arrive safe and sound, sending by Royal Mail just wasn't an option for something so important.

They say 6 working days, but more than likely as early as Thursday or Friday it will get to her. Then we just wait for the VFS appointment on the 10th October. Oh and hopefully the all clear on the TB sputum test when the result is known hopefully this Friday.

Then we wait for that all important decision.............

Terpe
29th September 2014, 12:37
Hope all goes well with the TB Slip :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Should be no problem.

stevewool
29th September 2014, 20:11
Good luck. When I sent some things with DHL you could track it all the way. That was very interesting

Slip
29th September 2014, 20:28
Good luck. When I sent some things with DHL you could track it all the way. That was very interesting

Funny thing is, I deal with DHL at work, at the moment tracking says "left facility at Heathrow" I know for a fact it has departed DHL Heathrow and is now sitting in my place of work waiting to be taken too the DHL plane which will depart shortly before 11pm (assuming it is going on that flight).... Or if the flight is already full it will sit there amongst all the other parcels going to Manila until Tuesday night :thumbsdown:

grahamw48
29th September 2014, 21:36
Good luck...fingers crossed that all goes smoothly for you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
29th September 2014, 23:30
Funny thing is, I deal with DHL at work, at the moment tracking says "left facility at Heathrow" I know for a fact it has departed DHL Heathrow and is now sitting in my place of work waiting to be taken to the DHL plane which will depart shortly before 11pm (assuming it is going on that flight).... Or if the flight is already full it will sit there amongst all the other parcels going to Manila until Tuesday night. :thumbsdown:

Sometimes it's better not to seek out too much detail :biggrin:

Arthur Little
29th September 2014, 23:36

:iagree: ... but have to admit I'd be doing the same thing in his situation!

Slip
29th September 2014, 23:44

UNBELIEVABLE

Just thought I'd have a look before bed, and bear in mind DHL have dedicated cargo/mail flights from Heathrow.
This is the latest status....

Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 23:29

Goodnight

Terpe
29th September 2014, 23:50
Sweet dreams :biggrin:

stevewool
30th September 2014, 06:56
UNBELIEVABLE

Just thought I'd have a look before bed, and bear in mind DHL have dedicated cargo/mail flights from Heathrow.
This is the latest status....

Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 23:29

Goodnight

Your letter must have flown over my house then

Slip
30th September 2014, 09:05
Not sure what route it's taking!

Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 06:45

Edit;

Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 03:22

First time I looked since this morning, Should be in Manila Wednesday morning. I think Hong Kong are also 7 hours ahead of UK?
So maybe they wont deliver it Wednesday, but possible... But looks like Thursday Harlene will definitely have it.

Thank god for tracking..... Puts my mind at ease!

Slip
1st October 2014, 05:23
Must say I am mightily impressed with DHL. Sent it from a shipping agent here mid Monday morning, Harlene received it mid morning Wednesday in Philippines!

I think the £36.95 was well spent.

Michael Parnham
1st October 2014, 06:15
Well done, Job done!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
1st October 2014, 06:44
Must say I am mightily impressed with DHL. Sent it from a shipping agent here mid Monday morning, Harlene received it mid morning Wednesday in Philippines!

I think the £36.95 was well spent.

thats the way to do it

Terpe
1st October 2014, 07:16
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Job done.

I've always used DHL
Only ever had 1 glitch over the years

grahamw48
1st October 2014, 09:48
Yep....only used their services once, and that's when I needed the ex to send a passport to me when I was in the Phils. No problem, and a lot cheaper than a return airfare. :xxgrinning--00xx3: