PDA

View Full Version : Decision

LisaUK
15th October 2014, 15:40
Has anyone received the following email -

Your decision will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 working days unless you have been advised it will be returned by courier or have paid an additional courier fee.

This is from the ukvi fco address, not vfs.

No magic 'visa' word so I'm assuming the worst :(

I can't find anything online with this wording. I can only find 'your visa will be despatched' or 'a decision has been made'. Anyone had 'decision will be despatched'??

Thank you in advance.

LisaUK
15th October 2014, 18:03
Anyone? Has anyone ever heard of this wording from FCO? :Erm:

Harry T
15th October 2014, 20:09
I'm sure Mr Terpe or more knowledgeable members than me will, soon advise you on this, be a little patient they will be around soon.

raynaputi
15th October 2014, 20:12
This is something new or something I've never heard/seen before. :Erm:

I think the only thing you can do is to wait until you get your documents.

LisaUK
15th October 2014, 20:37
Yes I haven't heard of it before either - only heard of 'your visa will be despatched' or 'a decision has been made'. I don't feel hopeful though - seems like they've replaced the word 'visa' with 'decision' because it's failed :(

joebloggs
15th October 2014, 21:26
i don't think you can tell for certain, don't give up hope, you'll know when you get your passport back :wink:

Terpe
15th October 2014, 21:56
As others have said best wait for your passport.

This is a new message format to me also

joebloggs
15th October 2014, 22:00
see below, like i said you will only know when you get your passport back
good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

winterheartspeaks 10/12/2014 at 7:08 pm #

Sham,
I have received an email from them after 12 working days, which is the minimum. So glad that waiting time is over because I have to do the trip soon. I will claim the passport on Monday at Ecoplaza Makati. The email I received on the 12th day were:

1. From UKVI: Your decision will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 working days unless you have been advised it will be returned by courier or have paid an additional courier fee.

winterheartspeaks 10/14/2014 at 5:20 pm #

Hi everybody. After waiting for the 12th working day, I finally received my UK Visa.

It’s about being patient. Yun lang talaga magagawa natin. :)

http://www.wanderlass.com/others/visa-challenge/uk-visa-philippine-passport.html

LisaUK
15th October 2014, 22:12
Oh they got the same message and got the visa :O There is hope then. I thought without the magic 'visa' word we were doomed. I still think the chances are low though but at least there's still some hope. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Arthur Little
15th October 2014, 22:28
This is something new or something I've never heard/seen before. :Erm:

I think the only thing you can do is to wait until you get your documents.

As others have said best wait for your passport.

This is a new message format to me also

Me too! Actually, I started typing a *reply to you to this effect earlier this evening, Lisa ... then continued by suggesting that UKVI - as the successor to the UKBA - may have [slightly] changed the format used by its predecessor ... :anerikke: ... but then decided to delete *this response because I wasn't altogether sure of my facts.

Anyway, our advice to you is to try and stay positive! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LisaUK
16th October 2014, 08:15
Hmm yes, that could be right about UKVI changing things. Friends of mine got their visa 2 weeks ago though, and they had the 'visa' word in their mail so I'm not hopeful. Can't believe we will probably have to go through all this again. :cwm24:

LisaUK
17th October 2014, 10:39
It seems this might be the new UKVI wording then because we got the visa :)

raynaputi
17th October 2014, 10:47
It seems this might be the new ukvi wording then because we got the visa :)

Congrats! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
17th October 2014, 12:03
Well done and good luck.

Michael Parnham
17th October 2014, 12:34
Congratulations Lisa, you can take the next step now, good luck with your progress! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
17th October 2014, 13:18
It seems this might be the new ukvi wording then because we got the visa :o :)

Wonderful news, congratulations and well done to both :Jump:

Arthur Little
17th October 2014, 13:26
Me too! Actually, I started typing a *reply to you to this effect earlier this evening, Lisa ... then continued by suggesting that UKVI - as the successor to the UKBA - may have [slightly] changed the format used by its predecessor ... :anerikke: ... but then decided to delete *this response because I wasn't altogether sure of my facts.

Anyway, our advice to you is to try and stay positive! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:yeahthat:'s what we'd thought ... and it turned out to be the case. :wink:

Congratulations ... now you can relax! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
17th October 2014, 13:52
I've a feeling that the e-mail came from the UKVI newly created International Enquiry Service.

Seems this is being used now for status updates, notifications and information instead of VFS

Neither organisation will be informed on the specific decision so no mention of visa can be made except from Manila Hub

Arthur Little
17th October 2014, 15:04
I've a feeling that the e-mail came from the UKVI newly created International Enquiry Service.

Seems this is being used now instead of VFS

Neither organisation will be informed on the specific decision

Which can only heap further unnecessary anxiety :23_111_9[1]:on poor, beleaguered applicants ... at an already stressful time.

LisaUK
17th October 2014, 17:09
Thank you everyone :)

And yes, Arthur, those two days between the email and the package arriving were almost unbearable. Thank goodness we didn't have to wait the weekend on top!!!

joebloggs
17th October 2014, 19:40

:xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump: