PDA

View Full Version : Going back to the Phiippines for a short break

lloydegbrick
16th October 2014, 16:38
Hi to you all

If one's partner goes back to the Philippines for a short break, how long can one stay out of the UK without compromising their visa status?

Not having completed the second stage of the visa regulations yet.

Regards

Michael Parnham
16th October 2014, 17:55
I think it's no more than 90 days total, if this is incorrect someone will soon say something, but I would recommend not going anywhere until the Ebola outbreak is under control.

Just my opinion! :Erm:

lloydegbrick
16th October 2014, 20:37
I would recommend not going anywhere until the Ebola outbreak is under control.

Just my opinion! :Erm:

Thank you Michael.

One of our Philippine friends mentioned it was only 60 days. I would like to make sure of this.

Terpe
16th October 2014, 22:43
Hi to you all

If one's partner goes back to the Philippines for a short break, how long can one stay out of the UK without compromising their visa status?

Not having completed the second stage of the visa regulations yet.

Regards

Technically there are not really any restrictions until either the holder of ILR or until applying for naturalisation.

Holders of an ILR will lose it completely if they are out of UK for 2 years continuous

The only other time residency restrictions are counted is when applying for UK naturalisation.

For those eligible under the 3 year residency rules (those married to a British Citizen and holding ILR) they will need to have been:-

- in the UK on the date three years prior to the date the application is received in the Home Office and
- had no more than 270 days of absence from UK during the three year qualifying period and
- had no more than 90 days of absence from UK during the last 12 months of the three year qualifying period.

grahamw48
16th October 2014, 22:48
The magic figure is 90 days...just be back before that to keep things running smoothly, and as Terpe says, stay away 2 years and a new visa application will be needed.

Terpe
16th October 2014, 22:51
Forgot to mention about those folks who come under the 5 year rule.

For those eligible under the 5 year residency rules they will need to have been:-

- in the UK on the date five years prior to the date the application is received in the Home Office and
- had no more than 450 days of absence from UK during the five year qualifying period and
- had no more than 90 days of absence from UK during the last 12 months of the five year qualifying period

lloydegbrick
17th October 2014, 19:08
Technically there are not really any restrictions until either the holder of ILR or until applying for naturalisation.

Thank you for this info Terpe

lloydegbrick
17th October 2014, 19:09
The magic figure is 90 days...just be back before that to keep things running smoothly, and as Terpe says, stay away 2 years and a new visa application will be needed.

Thank you Graham

lloydegbrick
17th October 2014, 19:11
had no more than 90 days of absence from UK during the last 12 months of the five year qualifying period

And thank you for this too Terpe