PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Married here in UK. What to do next??

Baruk
18th October 2014, 19:36
Hello Everyone, hope you are all good. here I am again seeking for your advice.
Just got married yesterday and I am here for fiancé visa, what will I do next, what is the next step?

your advices would be appreciated. cheers

Baruk
18th October 2014, 19:47
My Visa will expire on December 6th..what form to apply for spousal visa here in UK?

Terpe
18th October 2014, 20:06
Hi Baruk,
You need to apply for FLR(M) which is Application for an extension of stay in the UK
as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK
This will give further leave to remain for 30 months :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Take a look at the form here (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/336887/FLR_M__07-14.pdf)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
18th October 2014, 20:11
Here are the FLR(M) Guidance Notes (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/342988/FLR_M__guidance_notes_08-14.pdf)

Baruk
18th October 2014, 20:48
Thank you for the info Mr. Terpe.. One more question.. when will I apply since my visa will expire on the 6th of December?

Terpe
18th October 2014, 21:08
Thank you for the info Mr. Terpe.. One more question.. when will I apply since my visa will expire on the 6th of December?

I'd suggest you apply asap now that you're already married if you have the budget. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Of course you can wait as long as you want.
If you decide to wait just be sure you make the application before your visa expires. UKVI will go by postmark

andy222
18th October 2014, 21:47
Congratulations. And sound advice once more from Sir Terpe.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
18th October 2014, 21:58
Congratulations ! :wedtoss:

Terpe
18th October 2014, 22:10
Now would be a good time to start adding your name to utility bills/council/tax etc
If you haven't already done so get yourself a bank account, register with your local GP, you local dentist.
Get organised with your National Insurance number.

Michael Parnham
19th October 2014, 08:00
Congratulations on getting married, hope you had a good day!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Baruk
19th October 2014, 08:00
Now would be a good time to start adding your name to utility bills/council/tax etc
If you haven't already done so get yourself a bank account, register with your local GP, you local dentist.
Get organised with your National Insurance number.

hi Terpe how can i get that national insurance number. i am not allowed to work yet. is it easy to get one?

Baruk
19th October 2014, 08:01
Congratulations. And sound advice once more from Sir Terpe.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Andy

Baruk
19th October 2014, 08:01
Congratulations ! :wedtoss:

Thanks Graham

Baruk
19th October 2014, 08:05
Congratulations on getting married, hope you had a good day!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Michael, we did had a great day on my wedding day. But now after reading for this Flrm, seems like there still lot to do eh, thought I'm done with this paperworks malarky after we done my fiancé visa. and don't know if i will be doing the posts or the premium. and i don't have National Insurance Number yet, but i do have that BUpa thing.

Michael Parnham
19th October 2014, 08:22
Thanks Michael, we did had a great day on my wedding day. But now after reading for this Flrm, seems like there still lot to do eh, thought I'm done with this paperworks malarky after we done my fiancé visa. and don't know if i will be doing the posts or the premium. and i don't have National Insurance Number yet, but i do have that BUpa thing.

Just read carefully the information that Terpe has provided you with and I'm sure everything will work out fine, good luck!:xxgrinning--00xx3: