PDA

View Full Version : 'Haunted' Filipina jumps to her death

joebloggs
27th October 2014, 22:14
:NoNo: 2 deaths in a couple of days

A 30-year-old Filipina housemaid, believing she was gripped by jinn (spirits), waited for her employer in Kuwait to leave her room, then went to the balcony and jumped down from the fifth floor, a newspaper reported on Monday.

read more here ...

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/haunted-filipina-jumps-to-her-death-2014-10-27-1.567787

tiger31
28th October 2014, 00:54
I would really love to know how many filipinas have either committed suicide, been murdered or have been raped over the past 10 years in the Middle East. I am sure it would make uncomfortable reading, and still the carnage goes on.

Michael Parnham
28th October 2014, 08:20
Poor woman, it amazes me how many Filipinos really believe in such rubbish. When I was living in Dumaguete I heard one of our neighbours threatening her little three year old son that a monster will get him if he doesn't behave. Also, it's taken me until now to convince Matritess that there's no such things as Monsters, Ghosts, Witches or any other stupid things that have been put into her head during her childhood! :crazy:

joebloggs
28th October 2014, 08:27
I would really love to know how many filipinas have either committed suicide, been murdered or have been raped over the past 10 years in the Middle East. I am sure it would make uncomfortable reading, and still the carnage goes on.

Poor woman, it amazes me how many Filipino's really believe in such rubbish.

but was there any evidence to show she jump :cwm25:

tiger31
28th October 2014, 08:48
but was there any evidence to show she jump :cwm25:

Exactly, it,s quite easy for them to say she jumped instead of I pushed her because she was going to report me for raping her.

joebloggs
28th October 2014, 08:57
exactly its quite easy for them to say she jumped instead of I pushed her because she was going to report me for raping her .

Just like this post I made recently :NoNo:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/54470-Foul-play-seen-as-Filipina-salon-worker-dead-in-fall

Why would someone jump unless they couldn't get out of the building? If they could get out of the building why would they not go to the Phils Embassy like many others had?

SimonH
28th October 2014, 09:00
It amazes me that if it's reported that a Filipina commits suicide in one of the Arab Emirates then the conclusion is that she was pushed or raped by some dirty Arab :NoNo:
How many Filipinas commit suicide in the Philippines every year :Erm:
Anyone ever thought why these poor women end up working in the Middle East and the extras pressure they're under being away from their families, no wonder some of them give up on life :NoNo:

SimonH
28th October 2014, 09:05
just like this post i made recently :NoNo:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/54470-Foul-play-seen-as-Filipina-salon-worker-dead-in-fall

why would someone jump unless they couldn't get out of the building, if they could get out of the building whywould they not go to the Phils embassy like many others had.

That link leads to a story about a Filipina being pushed and an investigation into it though :Erm:

KUWAIT CITY, Oct 16: A Filipina employee of a ladies beauty salon in Khaitan area died after she fell from the second floor of a building in the area. Initial investigations indicate the possibility of the incident being a homicide.

tiger31
28th October 2014, 10:30
It amazes me that if it's reported that a Filipina commits suicide in one of the Arab Emirates then the conclusion is that she was pushed or raped by some dirty Arab :NoNo:
How many Filipinas commit suicide in the Philippines every year :Erm:
Anyone ever thought why these poor women end up working in the Middle East and the extras pressure they're under being away from their families, no wonder some of them give up on life :NoNo:

The problem is, that being a foreigner they don,t put their full effort into solving the cases in my view. A bit like here in the Philippines. How many foreigner murders get brushed under the carpet?

Ako Si Jamie
28th October 2014, 10:52
Poor woman, it amazes me how many Filipinos really believe in such rubbish. When I was living in Dumaguete I heard one of our neighbours threatening her little three year old son that a monster will get him if he doesn't behave. Also, it's taken me until now to convince Matritess that there's no such things as Monsters, Ghosts, Witches or any other stupid things that have been put into her head during her childhood! :crazy:

Can't really blame her Michael seeing she comes from Siquijor, the island famous for its tales of witches and shamens.

Michael Parnham
28th October 2014, 21:00
Can't really blame her Michael seeing she comes from Siquijor, the island famous for its tales of witches and shamens.

I agree Jamie but also I blame the primitive idiots who pass on all these stupid beliefs to innocent little children! :crazy:

irishman12
28th October 2014, 22:51
I agree Jamie but also I blame the primitive idiots who pass on all these stupid beliefs to innocent little children! :crazy:

That's a bit much calling them primitive - doesn't it happen all over the world? Haven't you heard of the bogeyman - or isn't believing in Santa Claus stupid too?

joebloggs
28th October 2014, 22:55
Reminds me of 2 Libyan brothers I used to work with. One of them said it was his duty to save me from genies that lived in the mountains. :crazy: Told him many times I didn't need saving :icon_lol:

Terpe
28th October 2014, 23:15
My wife is generally pretty sensible, but she's also a little bit superstitious.

Probably most of us are in some way.

Ako Si Jamie
29th October 2014, 00:34
That's a bit much calling them primitive - doesn't it happen all over the world? Haven't you heard of the bogeyman - or isn't believing in Santa Claus stupid too?Not forgetting The Tooth Fairy, The Loch Ness Monster and those superheroes embedded in religious folklore. :cwm3:

Michael Parnham
29th October 2014, 06:46
Not forgetting The Tooth Fairy, The Loch Ness Monster and those superheroes embedded in religious folklore. :cwm3:

Yes, but these things don't remain with us for life. They have usually disappeared from our minds by the time we are nine or ten and we end up laughing about such things as we get older - yet in the Philippines these beliefs are kept alive in one's mind forever!

joebloggs
29th October 2014, 08:52
Not forgetting The Tooth Fairy, The Loch Ness Monster and those superheroes embedded in religious folklore. :cwm3:

I don't think anyone killed themselves because of those thou

imagine
29th October 2014, 15:09
I used to get threatened that the bogeyman would come and get me. Later in my childhood, the bogeyman had his name changed to the ethnic man - only the ethnic began with a B and ended with a K

fred
29th October 2014, 19:51
the extras pressure they're under being away from their families

Family pressure is often the reason they are there!
Cant win! :doh

Ako Si Jamie
30th October 2014, 01:31
I don't think anyone killed themselves because of those thouWe weren't talking about the original post, Bloggsy! :xxgrinning--00xx3: