PDA

View Full Version : Building blocks

stevewool
1st November 2014, 15:03
Any members have any idea of the cost for building blocks over in Marikina area?

imagine
1st November 2014, 15:14
Hollow blocks, 4 inch and 6 inch there is standard and non standard. The difference I believe, is metric size and imperial size,

There are usually 3 classes a, b, and c. Class c - the cheapest - will crumble like a sugar cube in your hands. The strength is dependent on how many blocks are made per bag of cement.

Sorry I can't help you with the cost in the area you're asking

stevewool
1st November 2014, 15:32
Thanks Stewart, just getting myself ready for when we get to Em's dad's place. I am still expecting just columns with no walls

imagine
1st November 2014, 16:04
Thanks Stewart, just getting myself ready for when we get to Em's dad's place. I still am expecting just columns with no walls

Well it's nice to have a cool breeze blowing through :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
1st November 2014, 16:23
Don't know exactly Steve but they are cheap!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
1st November 2014, 16:25
My blocks were 11 pesos Steve, that might give you a rough guide

stevewool
1st November 2014, 16:31
Thanks boys, Ems has done really well and is working lots of overtime, so when we are over there we can see what has happened to the build and maybe get some walls put up.

A working holiday? Well, I don't mind getting my hands dirty for a few days

fred
2nd November 2014, 01:31
13.50 P where we are!! Ouch.

tiger31
2nd November 2014, 02:43
The price went up for cement after typhoon yolanda because all the cement was getting sent to rebuild leyte and surrounding areas so demand went through the roof.

grahamw48
2nd November 2014, 09:45
You'll find it very hot and sweaty doing any kind of physical graft out there mate, even if you're fit as a butcher's dog. :bigcry:

stevewool
2nd November 2014, 09:53
You'll find it very hot and sweaty doing any kind of physical graft out there mate, even if you're fit as a butcher's dog. :bigcry:

I get that too doing the things I like :do_it:

jake
2nd November 2014, 13:16
You can get them for 11 pesos each in Marikina and even cheaper if you want the sugar cube type Stewart mentioned :cwm25: If you need a number nearer the time give me a shout.

Are the posts and beams already built? Hollow blocks make up a very small percentage of the costs when building something in the Philippines.

fred
2nd November 2014, 13:53
Are the posts and beams already built? Hollow blocks make up a very small percentage of the costs when building something in the Philippines.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
A tiny fraction!

stevewool
2nd November 2014, 13:55
92189219 post and beams are in place, remember these pictures was taken around may time , so really we dont know what to expect,
I have been told they have got up to the first floor ceiling on,
I am not expecting much because we have sent nothing else,
But like i have said Ems has been saving hard so there will be other funds to give once we are there , and maybe sort this thing out , stranger things have happened at sea they say,
Thanks for saying we could call you near the time jake

jake
2nd November 2014, 14:17
You never ken Steve there might be a 3 storey building with all mod cons built when you arrive :Cuckoo: Good on Ems for working hard to save some more money for her dads house :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Our offer still stands if you have the time.

stevewool
2nd November 2014, 14:24
Thanks again Jake, you are built into our plans when we are over there , near the time we shall make contact for when and where :xxgrinning--00xx3: