PDA

View Full Version : Good news or bad news?

Slip
21st November 2014, 08:10
Got that email this morning....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/frankielampard/Screenshot_2014-11-21-06-50-15_zpsbd1c8627.png

Hope it's good news....

I was in a really good mood all night tonight at work. Something inside me kept telling me I was going to get that email today, I was so certain it was coming for some reason, anyway, I left work and checked my phone before I drove home, no emails... Half way home my phone beeps... Got home, checked my email and...........

Oh and for the record.... Exactly 6 weeks to the day since Harlene submitted the application for the spouse visa......

I just sent her Sister the email and told her to look out for the courier as Harlene has asked for it to be sent to her Sister at work in Manila.

Now I wait a few days to hear......

Steve.r
21st November 2014, 08:18
Sounds like positive news, congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
21st November 2014, 11:28
Hopefully it's what you're wanting to hear! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
21st November 2014, 23:24
:xxgrinning--00xx3: The best of British Slip :wink:

Arthur Little
22nd November 2014, 00:47
Judging by the success of two other recent applicants who'd received similarly~worded messages from UKVI ... I'm confident of the outcome being the same for Harlene. And it'll be well before Christmas as you'd both been hoping! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
22nd November 2014, 08:08
Great news...

Got a message from Harlene's Sister in Manila this morning, she sent me the picture of the approved visa :biggrin:

So now all remains is for Harlene and myself to sort out when she is flying over...

Trying to get time off work at the moment for a few weeks time, but someone has booked every Saturday off for 3 months! So I can only get 3 of my 4 dates I want.... I explained to my boss why I need the time off, and he said leave it with him for a few days to see if he can get someone on overtime for the Saturday I want off... That means the way my shifts work, I can book four days off and end up with 12 days off for when Harlene gets here.

SimonH
22nd November 2014, 08:25
That's great news :biggrin: Go get that flight booked :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
22nd November 2014, 11:33
Congratulations, you can move forward now Slip! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
22nd November 2014, 12:51
Well done Slip, congrats. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
22nd November 2014, 13:06
Congrats! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
22nd November 2014, 13:07
Well done Slip, getting closer to the finishing line :appl:

Arthur Little
22nd November 2014, 13:53
Great news...

Got a message from Harlene's Sister in Manila this morning, she sent me the picture of the approved visa :biggrin:

:yeahthat:'s great news, indeed ... it'll save you waiting on tenterhooks over the weekend! Congratulations ...

So now all remains is for Harlene and myself to sort out when she is flying over...

... I explained to my boss why I need the time off, and he said leave it with him for a few days to see if he can get someone on overtime for the Saturday I want off... That means the way my shifts work, I can book four days off and end up with 12 days off for when Harlene gets here.

... all is falling nicely into place. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
22nd November 2014, 13:57
It certainly is Arthur... Couldn't have got this far without this forum and it's members... So a big thank you to everyone who offered any type of help, big or small. It all helped me to get to the point I am at today.

So party here tonight :REDancedancer08:

Terpe
23rd November 2014, 15:17
Great news...

Trying to get time off work at the moment for a few weeks time, but someone has booked every Saturday off for 3 months! So I can only get 3 of my 4 dates I want.... I explained to my boss why I need the time off, and he said leave it with him for a few days to see if he can get someone on overtime for the Saturday I want off... That means the way my shifts work, I can book four days off and end up with 12 days off for when Harlene gets here.

Very happy to learn your wonderful news Slip :Jump:

Many congratulations to you both.
Hurry along with that flight for the best Christmas ever :wink:

Slip
23rd November 2014, 15:32
Hurry along with that flight for the best Christmas ever :wink:

Well Harlene is hopefully getting her doctor to sign her off to fly tomorrow, she is at 28 weeks pregnant, which is at the point Philippines airlines require you to fill out a form, the doctor doesn't necessarily need to sign it, but we are getting it done anyway. Then off to Manila on Tuesday.

If she can get a flight, she will fly out Sunday morning and arrive here mid afternoon with Philippines airlines... Good news is I finish a nightshift Sunday morning and have four days off then... So we are hoping she can get the Sunday flight.

Terpe
23rd November 2014, 15:36
My fingers are crossed.
I love happy endings and new beginnings :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
23rd November 2014, 16:40
Hope Harlene has a comfortable flight :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anne2014
24th November 2014, 08:59
Congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
24th November 2014, 09:30
Thanks to all, this is the reason we were hoping she'd be here before Christmas

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/frankielampard/ww_zpsbe34ccb0.jpg

Anne2014
24th November 2014, 12:04
Aww. Such bundle of joy. Excited for you! Congratulations once again. :smile:

Terpe
24th November 2014, 16:28
Thanks to all, this is the reason we were hoping she'd be here before Christmas

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/frankielampard/ww_zpsbe34ccb0.jpg

Wow...that's amazing detail.

bigmarco
24th November 2014, 16:37
Congratulations to both of you and my best wishes for the future :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
24th November 2014, 16:54
Wow...that's amazing detail.

I'm pretty sure Harlene said it was 4D... She paid (or I did!) for the most expensive option :icon_lol:

Terpe
24th November 2014, 16:58
I'm pretty sure Harlene said it was 4D... She paid (or I did!) for the most expensive option :icon_lol:

Well worth it IMO for a treasure of an image not likely to be repeated :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
29th November 2014, 13:39
Well we are almost there ...

Just chatting to Harlene quickly before she falls asleep. She has to be up in 7 hours for the journey to Manila airport for her Philippines airlines flight to the UK ...

This time (UK time) tomorrow she will be 2 hours from landing. I will be sat at home waiting for the flight to land, then I will drive the 3 miles to Terminal 4 and meet her. Hope she doesn't take too long to come through, that short stay car park is a rip off! Don't think she will be impressed if I park in my work car park and get the bus 5 minutes down the road lol

Terpe
29th November 2014, 17:12
I'm sure all will be fine :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Happy times ahead.
Good luck, best wishes and Bon voyage :Jump: