PDA

View Full Version : Fiilipina Nanny from The Philippines!

Piamed
1st December 2014, 21:54
Hi All

A quick question if I may:

Pia and I are contemplating availing ourselves of the services of a nanny. We would prefer someone from the Philippines and have a particular cousin in mind who is currently residing in Manila and we would love to help out. The question relates to how we might get her over here.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated please.

joebloggs
1st December 2014, 22:32
long time no see piamed, i hope your all ok Sir :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
1st December 2014, 22:33
https://www.gov.uk/domestic-workers-in-a-private-household-visa/overview

joebloggs
1st December 2014, 22:35
:doh wrong visa

but this is the main point
have worked for your employer for at least 1 year

joebloggs
1st December 2014, 22:37
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/overseas-domestic-workers-in-private-households-wrk21/overseas-domestic-workers-in-private-households-wrk21--2

Piamed
1st December 2014, 22:41
Hi Joe. How are you? We are really well thank you. How are Team Bloggs :) Thanks for the link.

Piamed
1st December 2014, 22:44
Thanks again Joe. Perhaps we will have to look into getting her on an educational course if that is still an option. If not, we may have to recruit someone based here.

joebloggs
1st December 2014, 22:46
I'm good, the misses is in her 3rd and final yr training to be a GP

Hope your misses and kids are doing good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
2nd December 2014, 09:52
Hi Piamed :Hellooo:

You'll have to find one here who is looking for a job, you have to pay the minimum wage though. According to the Daily Mail you can get into trouble keeping them locked in the cellar. :biggrin:

Piamed
2nd December 2014, 19:03
Fantastic Joe. It's been a long journey but so worth it. Great news.

Piamed
2nd December 2014, 19:05
Hi Keith

You are totally right. The key considerations are that they are sweet. kindhearted and can be trusted with our children. We would also like someone that can help them with their learning/ homework etc.