PDA

View Full Version : Cash In Hand

sweetlove
3rd December 2014, 12:51
Hello everyone, especially to Sir Terpe. It's been a long while I've not been here. I arrived in England 5 months ago now and I'm working. But it is limited hours (12 hrs/weekly) only because my husband is a carer of his dad and claiming Housing and Council Tax Benefit. My question is, can I work cash in hand or will it affect my next application? Thanks very much ...

imagine
4th December 2014, 12:48
As I understand the term ... "cash in hand", means that it is put in your pocket, undeclared and therefore the tax man doesn't know. If this is so, then how can you declare it in any applications?

fred
4th December 2014, 13:25
A cash is the hand is worth 2 in the bush. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
4th December 2014, 13:31
A cash is the hand is worth 2 in the bush. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:laugher::laugher:

grahamw48
4th December 2014, 13:57
Be careful.

'Cash in hand' is sometimes nice, but not legal.

You need to be LEGAL. :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
20th December 2014, 10:17
Not worth the risk considering your personal situation.

Harry T
20th December 2014, 11:58
Let's get this straight, Cash in Hand is not illegal, it is only illegal when you or your husband don't declare it as income.

You need to have a discussion with your husband, and decide between you if you wish to work or not.

The reason is, if you work for someone or for a company you need to be paying PAYE Pay as you earn. Your income could likely affect your husbands Housing & Council Tax Benefit, by reducing the Benefit he gets, but overall you could - and indeed should - be better off with YOU in work.

What you are doing at the moment is fiddling :smile: but you are not alone in doing it.

grahamw48
20th December 2014, 12:43
Let's get this straight. Cash in Hand is not illegal, it is only illegal when you or your husband don't declare it as income.

^^^
This is of course what I meant.

What you are doing at the moment is fiddling
:smile: but you are not alone in doing it.

Exactly.