PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here <3<3

pnkymier
4th December 2014, 17:18
Hi, I am a newbie here.. hope you are all fine.. really happy to be in this forum.. I am currently looking for some Filipino circles that are friendly..

:heartshape1:

Coz unfortunately being here in London doing nothing, it really sucks :doh... I've no job at the moment :cwm25: as I've just got here and currently waiting for my residence visa to be issued.. I feel so sad and homesick :Cuckoo::cwm3: and I'm dying to meet someone living here in West Ealing...

Looking forward in sharing lots of stuff here... :smile:

Arthur Little
4th December 2014, 18:01
Yes, :iagree: ... in common with most HUGE cities - e.g., Manila - London can be a very lonely place. That is ... until a newcomer adjusts to life there after meeting (and befriending) like-minded people within the locality in which one settles and finds suitable employment.

Naturally ... :anerikke: ... of course, it all takes time. :wink: But I'm confident you will, eventually, overcome this initial feeling of strangeness. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Meanwhile, :welcomex: to filipino/uk ... where you'll be given countless opportunities for making new, online friends with a great many of our sociable members here!

Dedworth
4th December 2014, 18:38
Welcome aboard Pnkymier

there will be plenty of your Kabayans employed at your local hospitals Northwick Park, Central Middlesex and Ealing googling shows a Pinoy Chaplain at Northwick Park :-

Rev Agustin Paunon, Filipino Chaplaincy Northwick Park Hospital Phone 020 8869 2112 you could give him a bell and I'm sure he'll tell you of Filipino Clubs and Christmas Mass 's in your area of London.

Also check out these websites

http://www.adoborice.com/

http://www.fil-event.com/events/uk/all-events-in-the-uk.shtml

Good luck

pnkymier
4th December 2014, 19:13
Woohhh that's a quick response guys. That made me :smile: And I'm overwhelmed now..:omg:

Thank you Arthur.. :biggrin: Yeah, I'm looking forward to know more about London and the people themselves .. while I'm looking for some good friends..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know it's gonna take long to have good friends around here, but I'm willing to wait... :Jump:

pnkymier
4th December 2014, 19:18
That's so kind of you Dedworth. :smile: Yeah for sure I will... I would love to attend Christmas mass since it's my first time to celebrate Xmas away from my family...that would somehow make me feel at home..

And yeah I'll go check those sites to see interesting stuff.. thank you loads :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
4th December 2014, 19:49
Welcome Pnkymier, hopefully you will meet some other Filipina in the not too distant future. Keep us posted on your progress! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
4th December 2014, 19:51
Welcome aboard Pnkymier

there will be plenty of your Kabayans employed at your local hospitals Northwick Park, Central Middlesex and Ealing googling shows a Pinoy Chaplain at Northwick Park :-

Rev Agustin Paunon, Filipino Chaplaincy Northwick Park Hospital Phone 020 8869 2112 you could give him a bell and I'm sure he'll tell you of Filipino Clubs and Christmas Mass 's in your area of London.

Also check out these websites

http://www.adoborice.com/

http://www.fil-event.com/events/uk/all-events-in-the-uk.shtml

Good luck

Very kind gesture, Dedworth! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
4th December 2014, 22:17
You'll be fine girl, don't worry :smile: Go in Westminster church during Sunday's you'll see loads of filipino there :smile:

Dedworth
4th December 2014, 22:24
Very kind gesture, Dedworth! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers for the "rep" Michael

Arthur Little
5th December 2014, 00:16
You'll be fine girl, don't worry :smile: Go in Westminster church during Sundays you'll see loads of filipino there :smile:

Hold on! :cwm25: ... if it's the famous Westminster *Abbey you're talking about ... she'd do well to avoid visiting *it during the week at all ... otherwise she'll find herself stumping up a sixteen :censored: quids' Admission Fee for the privilege! Maybe ... :anerikke: ... of course, Sunday worship is free of charge. :biggrin:

:yeahthat: *place certainly doesn't come cheap for sightseeing in the BIG metropolis. :NoNo:

splitpin
5th December 2014, 02:09
Hi Pnkymier, I wish you luck with your search :smile:

Anne2014
6th December 2014, 14:54
Welcome to the forum Pnkymier! Hope you can find fellow Filipinos around your area

Rosie1958
7th December 2014, 11:04
Welcome to the forum Pnkymier, I do hope that you find some Filipino friends soon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

What brings you to UK?

mike1
7th December 2014, 12:25
Hi Pnkymier- welcome to the forum. You have arrived just when the winter is about to kick in. Cold, wet weather and short, dark days.

Lots of Filipinos around Ealing Hospital and Hanwell, as a lot of the Charing Cross Hospital nurses are living there. We are in Northolt - that's how I know. :smile: