PDA

View Full Version : Asking

mendoza82
11th December 2014, 20:30
Hi everyone, I'm sending a tv thru LBC to the Philippines. All I'm asking is, will it work out there? Coz somebody told me tv from the UK is not goin' to work in the Phil.

Michael Parnham
11th December 2014, 21:00
No it won't, because it's set up for Freeview Digital. Philippines is analogue, unless anyone knows differently :Erm:

Steve.r
12th December 2014, 01:45
It should work with a cable tv system like Signal in Phils

mendoza82
12th December 2014, 21:04
Thanks Michael and Steve. Oh yeah, I'll try it on with cable

Terpe
13th December 2014, 06:38
I shipped some flat screen TV's just recently.

All work fine when connected to a digital cable TV service.
All work fine with DVD

Only one of four worked fine with local analogue TV as it was able to be 'switched' from PAL to NTSC
This TV also capable for 50Hz and 60Hz frequency

Another is still under experimentation as it accepts NTSC signal but only for video input.
It will pick up local analogue TV in colour but does not output any sound (yet)
Not sure why so far.

The other 2 TV's are not switchable to NTSC and so far I cannot get them to work on analogue transmission at all.

Another project for me to work at. I do have some ideas though on a 'black box' solution.
Feedback on this to be posted soon.
Trip to the local surplus / junk shop will be needed

If your TV is planned to be used for picking up local analogue TV transmission better read the specifications.

Michael Parnham
13th December 2014, 06:48
I shipped some flat screen TV's just recently.

All work fine when connected to a digital cable TV service.
All work fine with DVD

Only one of four worked fine with local analogue TV as it was able to be 'switched' from PAL to NTSC
This TV also capable for 50Hz and 60Hz frequency

Another is still under experimentation as it accepts NTSC signal but only for video input.
It will pick up local analogue TV in colour but does not output any sound (yet)
Not sure why so far.

The other 2 TV's are not switchable to NTSC and so far I cannot get them to work on analogue transmission at all.

Another project for me to work at. I do have some ideas though on a 'black box' solution.
Feedback on this to be posted soon.
Trip to the local surplus / junk shop will be needed

If your TV is planned to be used for picking up local analogue TV transmission better read the specifications.

Useful tips, thanks Peter! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
27th December 2014, 21:13
Thanks Sir Terpe - for that information - just read this now! Thank you! :smile:

stevewool
27th December 2014, 21:16
I am surprised it got there in one piece

Terpe
28th December 2014, 01:04
I am surprised it got there in one piece

I made a plywood box and packaged it carefully so it couldn't move around. I also included the glass TV stand and a large mirror. All arrived without any problem :xxgrinning--00xx3:

These things get shipped around the world all the time.

I had 32 inch flat screens inside a standard cardboard Balikbayan and they also made it OK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The secret's all in the packing

Michael Parnham
28th December 2014, 07:30
I made a plywood box and packaged it carefully so it couldn't move around. I also included the glass TV stand and a large mirror. All arrived without any problem :xxgrinning--00xx3:

These things get shipped around the world all the time.

I had 32 inch flat screens inside a standard cardboard Balikbayan and they also made it OK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The secret's all in the packing

True! :xxgrinning--00xx3: