PDA

View Full Version : Fare-dodging City executive banned from financial industry

joebloggs
15th December 2014, 21:42
A good news story :xxgrinning--00xx3:, greedy :censored:

A City executive who reportedly earned £1million a year has been banned from the financial industry after he was caught dodging rail fares.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/15/fare-dodging-city-executive-banned-from-financial-industry-4987987/

grahamw48
15th December 2014, 21:56
Goodness, that's nearly as bad as being a benefit cheat.

That 'loophole' existed as far back as when I was commuting around London in 1970.

...Amazed that it hadn't been closed by now. :NoNo:

bigmarco
16th December 2014, 15:39
And Mr Burrows was today banned from performing any function in the financial industry by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), who said he had ‘fallen short of standards’.

Fallen short of standards? :icon_lol: I assume they mean this because he got caught! :wink:

Trefor
16th December 2014, 15:47
I suspect there are plenty of people doing this kind of thing. I'm not a regular commuter into London but when I do go the train ticket inspectors are not at all consistent. I bet you can dodge fares quite often in this kind of way.

Bluebirdjones
18th December 2014, 15:28
There are inconsistencies thru-out the London rail network... mainly due to which train operator runs the service.

My nearest station, Beckenham Junction saw passenger numbers of 2.677mln in 2012/13, but there are NO barriers to entry/exit. Very rarely, if ever, is there a guard in attendance collecting/checking tickets (so I guess the real passenger numbers are such higher).

Further on up the line is Gipsy Hill station, which had passenger numbers of 1.94mln in 2012/13. That does have barriers, and a guard in attendance from early morning until very late at night.

The difference .... Beckenham Junction is under SouthEastern railways, whereas Gipsy Hill is under Southern railways.

These rail companies make their money through season ticket sales (to commuters) and from the government subsidy.

Ako Si Jamie
18th December 2014, 23:40
For a Chief Exec he looks a right scruffy toad.

London_Manila
19th December 2014, 01:44
He can't be that clever for admitting how long he had been doing it :doh