PDA

View Full Version : Festive Planning

Arthur Little
16th December 2014, 12:03
:olddude: ... with little over a week to go, I'm curious (read nosey! :cwm25:) as to how others' preparations are coming along. :smile:

Steve.r
16th December 2014, 12:57
I am nipping home for 5 days. I cant wait to see my wife and children. :smile:

Dedworth
16th December 2014, 13:12
:olddude: ... with little over a week to go, I'm curious (read nosey! :cwm25:) as to how others' preparations are coming along. :smile:

Exterior lights, interior fake tree up & running since 1st Dec I insisted on no earlier. Tree & decorations etc being added to about twice a day. I suppose I should be thankful it didn't all go up in September but I'm starting to crawl up the wall with constant Christmas music and TFC TV :crazy:

Terpe
16th December 2014, 15:07
We've really been too focused on other things.
Strange that the warm and sunny weather seems to also push traditional Christmas festivities to the corner of our mind.

Noticed quite a few Christmas trees and lights today during our evening stroll.
Generally speaking Davao City doesn't seem very Christmassy at the moment.

We'll start in earnest soon as we're planning a family Christmas celebration at our house.

No traditional UK Christmas lunch though. I tried that once and it wasn't very well received.

Still thinking about what our Christmas lunch will be :Erm:

raynaputi
16th December 2014, 15:15
We'll be at my in-laws' as always..so no cooking for me.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
16th December 2014, 15:22

KFC ? :biggrin:

bigmarco
16th December 2014, 15:34
Been a bit slow off the mark this year as it's the 2nd Christmas in a row we've lost someone close. Nanay last year and my mum this so we've been a bit deflated and then we had the worry of ILR. Having got that out of the way we have finally managed to put the tree up and are venturing out to Westfield tonight to do a bit of shopping.
My daughters are spending Christmas day with their mum this year so we've accepted an invitation from friends in Eastleigh to join them for Christmas dinner which we're looking forward to. No cooking on Christmas day :Jump::Jump:
I'm already looking forward to next Christmas as I'm lucky to have an annual leave block fall in the Christmas period so we've decided to head off to the Philippines so I can sample my first Christmas over there :Jump:

Michael Parnham
16th December 2014, 16:50
Wish we had relatives whom we could invite or visit!:anerikke:

stevewool
16th December 2014, 18:28
Exterior lights, interior fake tree up & running since 1st Dec I insisted on no earlier. Tree & decorations etc being added to about twice a day. I suppose I should be thankful it didn't all go up in September but I'm starting to crawl up the wall with constant Christmas music and TFC TV :crazy:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Nice

stevewool
16th December 2014, 18:29
I am nipping home for 5 days. I cant wait to see my wife and children. :smile:

What 5 days are they then, Steve?

stevewool
16th December 2014, 18:31
Just me and Ems for Xmas Day, plus she is working too and Boxing Day as well.

So I have invited a work friend round on Xmas Day for dinner. We shall have it late - after Ems finishes work - then it's packing time. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
16th December 2014, 19:01
Mrs D is on duty early Christmas Day, night Boxing Day & night New Years Eve :cwm25:

grahamw48
16th December 2014, 19:41
I sent off my usual 4 Xmas cards today.

Now it's time to go into hiding. :xxparty-smiley-004:

les_taxi
16th December 2014, 21:11

Me too Graham-the Grumps :icon_lol:
I wait to see who sends me cards first :biggrin:

grahamw48
16th December 2014, 22:23
Luckily I found some Tesco charity ones from 2012 in the wardrobe. :smile:

Still cost over 2 quid for stamps though ! :doh

andy222
17th December 2014, 00:35

I thought you would have invited your intended over for Xmas Graham?

andy222
17th December 2014, 00:37
Mrs D is on duty early Christmas Day, night Boxing Day & night New Years Eve :cwm25:

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off for me. Working New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, though. :doh

SimonH
17th December 2014, 01:33
I think Christmas is celebrated on the 24th over here, so will be with the in laws then. Not sure about New Year yet, may meet up with Steve :icon_lol:

Steve.r
17th December 2014, 01:59
What 5 days are they then, Steve?

Arrive morning of 23rd, :smile: leave morning of 28th :bigcry:

Anne2014
17th December 2014, 09:48

It's going to be our first Christmas as husband and wife! We almost cannot make it because he made plans to go back to the Philippines for his grand dad got sick but changed his mind coz the airfare is toooooo high!!:yikes:

Finally put up our 'mini' Christmas tree (no enough space) with small versions of decorations. Food and drinks are also ready :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
17th December 2014, 10:31
:biggrin:

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag455/grahamw58/Fatbodyslimbanksanta_zpsb07ecaaa.jpg

Michael Parnham
17th December 2014, 11:36

Same as my wife, including all days in between! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
17th December 2014, 16:16
Every day is a festive holiday for me :Jump:

:Beer:

stevewool
17th December 2014, 19:04
Every day is a festive holiday for me :Jump:

:Beer:

So are you use to the fast living there now Peter?

Terpe
18th December 2014, 01:31
So are you use to the fast living there now Peter?

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

We live in a very quiet village far from the madding crowd.
The fast life for us is a taxi ride to one of the malls for Halo Halo :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
18th December 2014, 06:50
We've really been too focused on other things.
Strange that the warm and sunny weather seems to also push traditional Christmas festivities to the corner of our mind.

Noticed quite a few Christmas trees and lights today during our evening stroll.
Generally speaking Davao City doesn't seem very Christmassy at the moment.

We'll start in earnest soon as we're planning a family Christmas celebration at our house.

No traditional UK Christmas lunch though. I tried that once and it wasn't very well received.

I managed Christmas lunch Peter, managed to find turkey in Robinson's supermarket plus all the veg that was needed. Also made Yorkshire Pudding, it was lovely. Must point out we had one of those Italian cookers that ran off a gas cylinder and the oven was great, it was used almost every day of the year! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
18th December 2014, 06:52
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

We live in a very quiet village far from the madding crowd.
The fast life for us is a taxi ride to one of the malls for Halo Halo :icon_lol:

I understand, that's about as fast as life gets! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
18th December 2014, 20:19
I will spend the festive season here in Scarborough with family and friends :-

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj517/DocAlan/P1030492_zpseac0c26b.jpg (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/DocAlan/media/P1030492_zpseac0c26b.jpg.html)

Best wishes Arthur and Myrna, and ALL members for a good Christmas and New Year :smile:.

Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon sa iyong lahat :xxgrinning--00xx3: .

grahamw48
18th December 2014, 22:20
Thanks....and from myself also, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all forum members.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag455/grahamw58/gifs/001_Santa_Dancing_zpsposmaclz.gif

Michael Parnham
18th December 2014, 23:20
Thank you, a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone on the Forum and that includes the founder who has made all this possible for myself, my wife and other members to enjoy! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
19th December 2014, 00:31
Best wishes Arthur and Myrna, and ALL members for a good Christmas and New Year :smile:.

:smile: Thank you, Alan ... Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2015 to you and those you hold dear. Cheers! :Beer:

AND

Season's Greetings to ALL our members and those closest to their hearts ... here in the UK, in the Philippines and elsewhere. :xxgrinning--00xx3: