PDA

View Full Version : Your decision will be despatched shortly. MEANING?

help123
19th December 2014, 10:00
Your decision will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 working days unless you have been advised it will be returned by courier or have paid an additional courier fee.

Anyone got any idea what this means? Do you know if we'll receive another email with a clear YES or NO answer in the next couple of days? Or do we have to wait 3 days and pick up the passport and find out then?

Thanks

Terpe
19th December 2014, 10:33
....... Or do we have to wait 3 days and pick up the passport and find out then?

Yep, afraid so ?

Good luck.

blessed_ekim0826
19th December 2014, 11:04
Good Luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
19th December 2014, 11:13
Good luck, be positive! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

help123
19th December 2014, 12:40
Thanks.. they don't make it easy do they.. "We have your decision but.... we're not gonna tell you"

It's been quick though we submitted on 10th November.

I'm flying over to Manila tomorrow for Christmas so it's a well timed and means we can go and collect it together. Just hope it's good news...

Arthur Little
19th December 2014, 13:28
Thanks.. they don't make it easy do they.. "We have your decision but.... we're not gonna tell you"

They sure don't ... :iagree:! Frustrating though it is, this completely unsatisfactory style of notification seems to be consistent with a new format introduced when the UKVI took on the workload of its predecessor, the UKBA some time ago.

It's been quick though we submitted on 10th November.

:yeahthat:'s one consolation ... and, of course ...

I'm flying over to Manila tomorrow for Christmas so it's a well timed and means we can go and collect it together. Just hope it's good news...

... fortuitous in the circumstances. Good luck and please do keep us updated. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anne2014
19th December 2014, 13:31
Same old automated message. Wish they'll change it to avoid driving people crazy:doh

bigmarco
19th December 2014, 13:39
Many of us have been down this road and understand your frustration.
Best wishes for a positive outcome.

help123
22nd December 2014, 20:34
We got it :wiggle:

grahamw48
22nd December 2014, 23:30
Congratulations ! :Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
23rd December 2014, 00:47

Well done and congratulations :Jump:

Anne2014
23rd December 2014, 10:57

:Jump:

bigmarco
23rd December 2014, 14:48
Many congratulations :Jump:
A nice Christmas present :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
23rd December 2014, 15:02
Congrats, good news in abundance on the forum this week.

Peter-Za
26th December 2014, 11:39
Got the same message on Tuesday but tracking on 2GO website shows nothing. With it being Xmas Weds I can understand a small delay but Weds and today were normal working days so I am not sure when the passport will be handed over to them.

Terpe
26th December 2014, 16:16
Got the same message on Tuesday but tracking on 2GO website shows nothing. With it being Xmas Weds I can understand a small delay but Weds and today were normal working days so I am not sure when the passport will be handed over to them.

British Embassy Manila

Office access and opening times (https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-manila/about/access-and-opening )

tone
27th December 2014, 00:23
We just brought the mother in law over for Xmas/New Years and the family visitor visa was just as vague!!

Congrats on your visa!

Arthur Little
27th December 2014, 02:16

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... Congratulations ... we're pleased you kept us informed. :thankyou:

deep_UK
7th January 2015, 04:00
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I came across of this site because we received completely identical email."Your decision will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 working days unless you have been advised it will be returned by courier or have paid an additional courier fee."

I've been reading many threads about this and all I could see was Brilliant outcome:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:; Please don't get me wrong but has anybody come across this kind of email and the outcome been sad news?

I tried not to get too excited about this email but while reading this thread, it helped me to think this is it, my 3 long years of suffering and sacrifice for my wife is finally over and we going to be together! I can even express my feelings right now. She had been denied 2 times already and this is the 3rd time, so you guys can feel how frustrated I am. We had an email Tues 4:00 am UK time (you wondered why I was awake? I was getting ready for my part-time job which starts at 5 am and finished at 7:30 then go to my full time job which start at 8:30 till 5:00 pm) thanks to that woman who invented the minimum income requirements. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I would like to share this because I'm sure there are people out there going through or will go through this kind of experience.

So thank you guys, I will post the outcome and fingers crossed this time we'll have good news.

Terpe
7th January 2015, 05:01
Hi Deep_UK, welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

The message received follows the new format for UKVI
As you've noticed there is no indication at all as to the decision status. This is deliberate and in line with latest procedures.

Sadly, you'll need to wait until the passport is in hand before knowing the visa application status.

The same message gets sent regardless of the actual outcome.

Please don't try to read between the lines. It can go either way.

Fingers crossed and Good Luck

Michael Parnham
7th January 2015, 08:34
Welcome to the Forum. And good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
7th January 2015, 22:05
Hi, and good luck Deep.

deep_UK
9th January 2015, 00:29
Hello Everyone,

It a good news for us, my wife got stamped entry clearance for UK.
Yohoooo!:smile::Jump::Jump:

Thanks guys!

grahamw48
10th January 2015, 14:37
Congratulations ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
10th January 2015, 15:31
Well done, congratulations and good luck for the future! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th January 2015, 00:54
Hello Everyone,

Thanks guys!

Great news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anne2014
12th January 2015, 11:09
Hello Everyone,

Thanks guys!

Another Filipina coming to the UK. Congratulations!

Arthur Little
13th January 2015, 03:35
Hello Everyone,

It IS good news for us, my wife got stamped entry clearance for UK.

Yahoooo! :smile::Jump::Jump:

:yeahthat:'s SUPERB news ... 3rd time lucky! Man - you must have "deep" pockets :wink: - the cost of those :censored: visas, eh?

Thanks for sharing your success with us ... and :welcomex: to filipino/uk ... your tenacity will truly be an inspiration to others yet to apply. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
13th January 2015, 15:51
Congratulations! :Jump::Jump:

cezille0924
14th January 2015, 12:46

Help me please... what do you mean you got it? Is it positive result? We got the same message like yours and its tormenting me. I hope my husband's application will be granted coz he was refused before.

Iani
14th January 2015, 12:57
Congrats to all.

Seems mind the Embassy has changed their mail wording from the one they used to use - where you could sort of guess the outcome but could never be sure.

Terpe
14th January 2015, 16:34
Help me please... what you mean you got it is it possitive result? We got the same message like yours and its tormenting me. I hope my husband's application will be granted coz he was refused before.

Hi and welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

Unlike the previous messages the new message format does not give any clue as to the decision of UKVI
You need to wait for your passport before you can know.

Provided you have resolved the reasons(s) for previous refusal and are now fully compliant with the immigration rules you should be OK
What was the refusal reason previously and how did you overcome that?

Arthur Little
15th January 2015, 03:36
Hello, :welcomex: to filipino/uk, Cezille ... and best wishes for a positive outcome this time round. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cezille0924
16th January 2015, 07:27
Hello, :welcomex: to filipino/uk, Cezille ... and best wishes for a positive outcome this time round. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, we got it! :Jump::smile::smile:

cezille0924
16th January 2015, 07:29
Help me please... what do you mean you got it? Is it a positive result? We got the same message like yours and it's tormenting me. I hope my husband's application will be granted 'coz he was refused before.

We got it :Jump::Jump::smile:

Anne2014
16th January 2015, 13:10
we got it:Jump::Jump::smile:

Congratulations Cezille0924! Happy for you. Time to celebrate..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
16th January 2015, 13:48
Yes, we got it! :Jump::smile::smile:

Congratulations ... we share your joy! :biggrin: