PDA

View Full Version : Ah well, out with the gall bladder it is!

tiger31
15th January 2015, 09:36
Just started the visa process then got results of ma liver scan. Gallstones! Gall bladder got to come out :yikes:! So now I don,t know what to do about visa because I don,t know how long it will be before I get op.

raynaputi
15th January 2015, 10:05
I had my gallbladder removed last November. I had the conversion and referral from the consultant on June prior to that. So it took me 5 months waiting. Although getting/waiting an appointment to the consultant took around the same time as well. But we live in North Wales. It might be different in your location.

Steve.r
15th January 2015, 10:36
My Father had his removed last year too, but he is 80 and had an infection. He was done the next day almost, so probably depends on your local waiting list or how urgent. All done through keyhole, so not as invasive or traumatic, although my Dad didn't go fishing or shooting for a week or so after.

Terpe
15th January 2015, 12:04
Just started the visa process then get results of ma liver scan. Gallstones! Gall bladder got to come out :yikes:! So now I don,t know what to do about visa because I don,t know how long it will be before I get op.

Sorry to learn about that Brian.
All your fellow forumers will be wishing you the best and hoping that your visa plans will not be too badly impacted. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Take care :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
15th January 2015, 14:22
Sorry to learn about that Brian.
All your fellow forumers will be wishing you the best and hoping that your visa plans will not be too badly impacted. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Take care :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yeah, I hope not

raynaputi
15th January 2015, 14:29
Just ask your consultant and GP about how long is the usual waiting time for a gallbladder operation. I asked my GP and he told me that if it's not really urgent, it would usually take 6 months waiting time.

tiger31
15th January 2015, 17:09
Just ask your consultant and GP about how long is the usual waiting time for a gallbladder operation. I asked my GP and he told me that if it's not really urgent, it would usually take 6 months waiting time.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
15th January 2015, 22:07
Good luck Tiger. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Obviously if you have money you will get seen a lot quicker.

Rosie1958
16th January 2015, 00:22
Oh dear, sorry to hear that I do hope that you are not in too much pain, Tiger. Looks like you AND the house will be having an overhaul !

Fingers crossed that you won't have to wait too long, in the meantime, take good care of yourself :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
16th January 2015, 00:30
Oh dear, sorry to hear that I do hope that you are not in too much pain, Tiger. Looks like you AND the house will be having an overhaul !

Fingers crossed that you won't have to wait too long, in the meantime, take good care of yourself :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers! I,ve watched the op on youtube. Looks straightforward enough ... I hope! Lol

Arthur Little
16th January 2015, 00:50
Cheers! I,ve watched the op on youtube. Looks straightforward enough ... I hope! Lol

Yep, you'll be fine! My sister-in-law had her gall bladder removed shortly after giving birth to her third child in 1974 at the age of 25 ... she's not had any related health problems since and is now 65! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
16th January 2015, 01:14
Yep, you'll be fine! My sister-in-law had her gall bladder removed shortly after giving birth to her third child in 1974 at the age of 25 ... she's not had any related health problems since and is now 65! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice to hear that

fred
16th January 2015, 01:40
Just started the visa process then got results of ma liver scan. Gallstones! Gall bladder got to come out :yikes:! So now I don,t know what to do about visa because I don,t know how long it will be before I get op.

What!! You mean you needed to have a medical before applying for your girls visa?

raynaputi
16th January 2015, 02:05

It's been 2 months since my operation..no problems so far. :xxgrinning--00xx3: