PDA

View Full Version : Pinoy in Scotland

the_Sherwinat0r
16th January 2015, 00:34
Hello Kabayans! Newbie here, will be arriving in the UK in February and it will be my first time there. Trying to do my own research what to bring and to expect. Bumped into this forum, so why not give it a try, hehe.

Any tips for me? Also will be good to have some friends, maybe pm me and we can be FB friends :xxgrinning--00xx3:

They say a lot of Pinoys in hospitals (as nurses), hopefully won't need to get hospitalized just to meet a Kabayan, this forum would be enough to start with, hehe.

Anybody who likes travel, food, beer, and just plain kwetuhan, say Hi... :olddude:

Terpe
16th January 2015, 01:07
Hi.....
and welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

What's your reason to come to UK ?
Settlement? Work? Visit?

Where in Scotland will you be?

the_Sherwinat0r
16th January 2015, 03:56
Hi.....
and welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

What's your reason to come to UK ?
Settlement? Work? Visit?

Where in Scotland will you be?

I'm here for work. Hopefully I'll like it, and stay for good. I'll initially be in Aberdeen.

Abigail
16th January 2015, 11:18
Hi, I am in Aberdeen with my Pinoy husband. Just try to bring some warm clothes!! Where will you be working, if you don't mind me asking? There is a reasonable sized Filipino community here in Aberdeen, I am sure you will have no trouble meeting kabayan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
16th January 2015, 14:30
Hello Kabayans! Newbie here, will be arriving in the UK in February and it will be my first time there ... say Hi ... :olddude:

... hi, from another :olddude: ...

I'm here for work. Hopefully I'll like it, and stay for good. I'll initially be in Aberdeen.

... but here :icon_rolleyes: ... if you are looking for work, you're not that old!:poke:

:welcomex: to filipino/uk - an excellent starting point. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the_Sherwinat0r
17th January 2015, 14:02
I will be working in the oilfield side of things. I'm going there alone, so a bit nervous. :cwm25:

I'm a bit below 30, but still young at heart :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
18th January 2015, 03:01
I will be working in the oilfield side of things. I'm going there alone, so a bit nervous. :cwm25:

:smile: Ah ... thought you might! Can't blame you for feeling a bit apprehensive about working on the offshore oil rigs,:nono-1-1: ... take care!

I'm a bit below 30, but still young at heart :icon_lol:

:Erm: ...still young, period. :ReadIt:

Somewhat more than four decades younger than me, anyway. :wink:

the_Sherwinat0r
18th January 2015, 04:08
:icon_lol:

highlander01
31st January 2015, 23:02
There are quite a few Filipinos in Aberdeen as others have said. Many work in the hospital and there are quite a few Pinoy fishermen nowadays, so you might want to hang around the harbour... :)

There is an Asian food shop in Aberdeen selling a limited range of Filipino food - Mathews Foods Scotland Ltd, 136-138 Causewayend - I'm sure you will make some friends there.

the_Sherwinat0r
8th March 2015, 21:36
There are quite a few Filipinos in Aberdeen as others have said. Many work in the hospital and there are quite a few Pinoy fishermen nowadays, so you might want to hang around the harbour... :)

There is an Asian food shop in Aberdeen selling a limited range of Filipino food - Mathews Foods Scotland Ltd, 136-138 Causewayend - I'm sure you will make some friends there.

@highlander01, My Scottish colleague told me the harbour/port is not the best place to hang about? So I don't go there. Not sure though.

geekingnerd
13th October 2016, 18:04
Hello! Any pinoys here in Edinburgh? I'm a postgrad student here :smile:

Michael Parnham
14th October 2016, 08:14
Welcome to the Forum, where in the Philippines are you from? I'm sure our members from Scotland will respond soon enough. Good luck with your studies:xxgrinning--00xx3: