PDA

View Full Version : Sending money to Cebu: Need advice

patrickm1978
26th January 2015, 02:26
I am going to sending some money to Cebu

But the amount I am sending means I have to send more than once because Western Union, Moneygram WorldRemit all have send limits. I thought about using Paypal, but that takes 3 days to clear before it can be collected and I'd like the money collected fast - as it's for the materials for our balay.

Any advice?

Terpe
26th January 2015, 02:33
I am going to sending some money to Cebu

But the amount I am sending means I have to send more than once because Western Union, Moneygram, WorldRemit all have send limits. I thought about using Paypal, but that takes 3 days to clear before it can be collected and I'd like the money collected fast - as it's for the materials for our balay.

Any advice?

Try this one at Azimo (https://azimo.com/en/)

Harry T
26th January 2015, 02:58
Here is another which you will probably find will do what you want, formerly known as Moneybookers, I have used them in the past.

https://www.skrill.com/en/home/

At Skrill we are committed to keeping our fees permanently low and totally transparent.

Sending money costs 1% of the amount sent but is capped at a maximum of €10

Paying at a shop or transferring funds with any merchant is free

Receiving money is free of charge

Uploading funds into your Skrill account is usually free, but some options involve a small charge.

A little advice as to those companies who suggest it is a free service: Yes, that may appear to be so, but usually the exchange rate is pretty crap, and that's where they make their money.

DarylTooth
26th January 2015, 13:59
I am going to sending some money to Cebu.

But the amount I am sending means I have to send more than once because Western Union, Moneygram WorldRemit all have send limits. I thought about using Paypal, but that takes 3 days to clear before it can be collected and I'd like the money collected fast - as it's for the materials for our balay.

Any advice?

I think you may find a lot of the problem is due to laws on money laundering.

You could try Belwood 01780-756476. Belinda should be able to advise the best way. She also does Balikbayan boxes based near Stamford Lincs, but collection all over UK.