PDA

View Full Version : 1st FLR Granted

Anne2014
5th February 2015, 13:05
Thought you might want to know that my visa extension has been approved yesterday. I availed the premium service in Cardiff, took me only an hour to wait, have my biometrics taken and receive the decision that my FLR has been granted. Was told that the BRP biometrics residence permit will be delivered by post within 7-10 working days.

Just want to share the documents we submitted:

Please note that some would find the papers we provided are unnecessary. We tend to submit more just to play safe.

> Online Payment Sheet
> FLR (M) Application Form
> e-mail confirmation of booking an appointment
> Sponsor and applicant's previous and current passports
> Sponsor and applicant's birth certificates
> Marriage certificate
> Sponsor's registration certificate as British citizen
> Applicant's CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) issued in the Philippines
> Applicant's NBI clearance issued in PH
> Applicant's English (IELTS) results
> Sponsor's bank statements
> Sponsor's payslips
> Sponsor's P60
> Sponsor's employment contract
> Accommodation details: tenancy agreement, letter from landlord stating that they are aware of me living in the flat, flat pictures, flat description and floor plan
> Wedding photos
> Applicant's TB screening certificate
> Proof of correspondence of sponsor: TV licence, tenant insurance, council tax, tenancy agreement, bank statement, P60
> Applicant's proof of correspondence: Letters from Boots, Nectar, Tesco, Amazon

I realized that it is not mandatory for the applicant to provide at least six items of correspondence if he/she lives in the UK for less than 2 years. Thanks for this info Sir Terpe.

And below are the sites we have to go through the application:

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family

FLR Guidance Notes:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...a/file/376014/FLR_M__guidance_notes_11-14.pdf

FLR (M) Form updated (November 2014):
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/370360/FLR_M__11-14.pdf

Booking an appointment and Payment process:
https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/iapply.portal

Hope future FLR applicants might find this helpful. :smile:

Anne

jake
5th February 2015, 14:16
Congratulations :smile:
Good information for future applicants. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anne2014
5th February 2015, 14:21
Congratulations :smile:
Good information for future applicants. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Jake! At least my husband and I can breathe for 30 months now :biggrin: One FLR ticked off the list.

Arthur Little
5th February 2015, 14:39
:smile: Congratulations, Anne ... well done and thanks for annotating the documents you took along with you for the purpose. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
5th February 2015, 15:08
Congratulations Anne well done :appl:

Thanks for posting your comprehensive example of supporting documents. Very helpful :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anne2014
5th February 2015, 15:29
Thanks Sir Arthur and Terpe. The 30-month countdown starts now :biggrin:

raynaputi
5th February 2015, 20:30
Congrats Anne! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Leen
6th February 2015, 05:27
Congrats Anne2014 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anne2014
6th February 2015, 10:59
Thanks Rayna and Leen. Will keep you posted once I've got my BRP. :smile:

Ann1984
7th February 2015, 14:52
Hi Anne2014! Congratulations!

Thanks for posting, I will get my NBI next week for my FLR (M) soon.

DAnn
13th February 2015, 12:34
Congratulations Anne2014! The documents you submitted are similar to the docs required when applying for spouse visa via VFS in Manila. Though you mentioned you got 30 months visa to remain in UK? I got 33 months. I wonder why the difference. So are you planning to take the Life in the UK test soon and how about driver's license?

Anne2014
13th February 2015, 13:53
Hi Anne2014! Congratulations!

Thanks for posting, I will get my NBI next week for my FLR (M) soon.

Thank you Ann1984. Some might tell you that the NBI is not a requirement. I just inserted it under 'supporting documents' just in case we will be asked about police record and the like.

Anne2014
13th February 2015, 13:54
Congratulations Anne2014! The documents you submitted are similar to the docs required when applying for spouse visa via VFS in Manila. Though you mentioned you got 30 months visa to remain in UK? I got 33 months. I wonder why the difference. So are you planning to take the Life in the UK test soon and how about driver's license?

I take it you arrived here on a Spouse visa. On the other hand, I am holding a Settlement visa for Marriage or otherwise known as Fiancée visa :smile:

DAnn
16th February 2015, 11:52
I take it you arrived here on a Spouse visa. On the other hand, I am holding a Settlement visa for Marriage or otherwise known as Fiancée visa :smile:

Hi Anne2014. I arrived here on spouse visa. We got married in Philippines and then applied Spouse visa from there. :smile:

jennyludo
18th February 2015, 01:44
Congrats Anne :smile::smile:

Anne2014
18th February 2015, 07:15
Congrats Anne :smile::smile:

Thank you Jennyludo :Wave:

Anne2014
18th February 2015, 07:17
I got my Biometrics Residence Permit and ID on the 8th working day. Will proceed in applying for my National Insurance. :smile:

DAnn
18th February 2015, 11:58
I got my Biometrics Residence Permit and ID on the 8th working day. Will proceed in applying for my National Insurance. :smile:

Congratulations on getting your Biometrics Residence Permit and ID! It should be easy getting your National Insurance Number now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anne2014
18th February 2015, 12:46
Congratulations on getting your Biometrics Residence Permit and ID! It should be easy getting your National Insurance Number now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you DAnn