PDA

View Full Version : A bit worried about my ILR application!!

skysisi
9th February 2015, 13:04
Hi! Its me again. ☺☺

I posted here before about my marital problem with my husband! So far ... so good, we sorted out our problem for the sake of our daughter. Obviously we have cultural differences. I guess some couples do..

He is still looking for a job and I work full time.

I'm a bit worried as my ILR application will run out soon and he's still not working. By the way, I am under 'old rules'.. Then my husband's claiming Housing & Council Tax Benefits and Jobseekers' Allowance!!

My question is:

If I apply for my ILR, are there any possibilities that my application will be unsuccessful? Please advise me..

Thank you

Terpe
9th February 2015, 14:19
Hi! It's me again. ☺☺

I posted here before about my marital problem with my husband! So far ... so good, we sorted out our problem for the sake of our daughter. Obviously we have cultural differences. I guess some couples do..

He is still looking for a job and I work full time.

I'm a bit worried as my ILR application will run out soon and he's still not working. By the way, I am under 'old rules'.. Then my husband's claiming Housing & Council Tax Benefits and Jobseekers' Allowance!!

My question is:

If i apply my ILR, are there any possibilities that my application will be unsuccessful? Please advise me..

Thank you

Hi Skysisi,
What is it you're most concerned about ?
Financials I guess ?

Based on my experience, my advice would be to apply that ILR. It's just too important not to.

I've not known anyone get refused ILR based solely on financials under old rules.

skysisi
9th February 2015, 14:37
Hi Skysisi,
What is it you're most concerned about ?
Financials I guess ?

Based on my experience, my advice would be to apply that ILR. It's just too important not to.

I've not known anyone get refused ILR based solely on financials under old rules.

Hello Sir Peter! Thank you for the reply..

Yeah, I am concerned about the financial circumstances knowing my sponsor (my husband) is not working at the moment! Then he is claiming Council Tax Benefit which is in both our names.

Terpe
9th February 2015, 15:07
Hello Sir Peter! Thank you for the reply..

Yeah, I am concerned about the financial circumstances knowing my sponsor (my husband) is not working at the moment! Then he is claiming Council Tax Benefit which is in both our names.

It's all about adequate maintenance using both your incomes.
Your husband is perfectly OK to claim any benefit he is entitled and eligible to.
Some benefits can only be claimed as a couple.
If he is claiming Housing Benefit he can only claim the same amount as a single parent.

Skysisi, do not under any circumstances allow your visa to expire.
If you are eligible for ILR then apply.

skysisi
9th February 2015, 15:17
It's all about adequate maintenance using both your incomes.
Your husband is perfectly OK to claim any benefit he is entitled and eligible to.
Some benefits can only be claimed as a couple.
If he is claiming Housing Benefit he can only claim the same amount as a single parent.

Skysisi, do not under any circumstances allow your visa to expire.
If you are eligible for ILR then apply.

Thank you so much Sir Peter.. I feel more relaxed now and I'll just book my English exam in Trinity, Bristol.

God bless... ��