PDA

View Full Version : Murder in Philippines part of a broader trend

joebloggs
11th February 2015, 21:58
:yikes: Nowhere is safe! :cwm24:

http://pds.joins.com/jmnet/koreajoongangdaily/_data/photo/2015/02/12014745.jpg

The murder of a Korean woman in Manila earlier this week has shed new light on the number of Koreans citizens killed in the Philippines, a popular business and tourism destination here.

Her killing was the fourth so far this year of a Korean national in the Southeast Asian nation.

Last year saw 10 Koreans killed in the Philippines, compared to 13 in 2013, when 88,000 Koreans were residing there. That compares to eight homicides in 2012 and seven in 2011, according to Rep. Shin Hak-yong of the main opposition New Politics Alliance for Democracy.

Read more here .....

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3000826

robbie bobby
11th February 2015, 22:05
I was told by my insurance company that If I went to Mindanao they would not cover me if anything went wrong!

So now I am in a bit of a dilemma.The UK government warns all but essential travel to there and I would have no protection should anything happen.

fred
12th February 2015, 01:53
Yehey!!!!
I`m in a blue zone!!!!
They changed the advice (in UK) also since that Brit woman got shot in a taxi in Manila.

Terpe
12th February 2015, 04:27
I'm in that black zone. Looks like I must evacuate immediately. :doh

I see the blue zone gets a green light.

Already got that blue zone on my radar :wink:
Family are always trying to get us there. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wonder if the Koreans will migrate to the blue zone ? That could signal a red light given the statistics. :biggrin:

stevewool
12th February 2015, 08:51
Wonder if the Koreans will migrate to the blue zone ? That could signal a red light given the statistics. :biggrin:

If they all move to the Blue zone does that mean all the other places are safe again

Terpe
12th February 2015, 11:45
If they all move to the Blue zone does that mean all the other places are safe again

Statistically yes :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
12th February 2015, 17:16
I wonder how many of these murders have been commited due to Korean businessmen ripping off the locals? Maybe their government should warn them about this instead of creating stupid maps.

Terpe
13th February 2015, 01:14
According to a TV news report here yesterday they caught and arrested the murderer of the Korean woman.
Seems he is a serial killer and serial rapist. So many victims during the past few months.

fred
13th February 2015, 05:43
I wonder how many of these murders have been commited due to Korean businessmen ripping off the locals? Maybe their government should warn them about this instead of creating stupid maps.

I think its a good thing. Maps like these will be noticed by the powers that be..
They need to have a little egg on their face from time to time.

fred
13th February 2015, 05:48

I will keep them safe at my place.
I`ll keep their cash safe too!!
At least that's what I hope happens.