PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going home for Christmas ?

ginapeterb
20th November 2007, 20:00
Ladies, are you going home for christmas ?

I just wondered, if any of the ladies here at the forum, (residents naturally in UK)

My Gina was going, but the problem is...she just will not go without me ? I've tried everything to get her to go, I even said "Look honey, I will buy you a ticket and your spending money is fine with me"

I even asked one of our friends to try and persuade her, but she is having none of it, she said, if I don't go, she will not go without me, I am the kind of guy it does not bother me if honey wants to go home to stay with her family, in some ways I feel guilty about her not going, but she still says NO.

I know what the guys are thinking:

Pete wants to hog the t.v. plus he wants to have parties and leave beer cans all over the coffee table, and wants a life of riley, but its not like that, I just feel that as its so quiet over christmas here in UK, and Filipino Christmases are so much fun for all the family, I just wanted her to get the best out of it..

Well thats my story...what do you think ladies ?

JAMZ
20th November 2007, 20:44

I just wondered, if any of the ladies here at the forum, (residents naturally in UK)

My Gina was going, but the problem is...she just will not go without me ? I've tried everything to get her to go, I even said "Look honey, I will buy you a ticket and your spending money is fine with me"

I even asked one of our friends to try and persuade her, but she is having none of it, she said, if I don't go, she will not go without me, I am the kind of guy it does not bother me if honey wants to go home to stay with her family, in some ways I feel guilty about her not going, but she still says NO.

I know what the guys are thinking:

Pete wants to hog the t.v. plus he wants to have parties and leave beer cans all over the coffee table, and wants a life of riley, but its not like that, I just feel that as its so quiet over christmas here in UK, and Filipino Christmases are so much fun for all the family, I just wanted her to get the best out of it..

What's the meaning of Christmas without you beside her...

Christmas time, so cold and in the middle of the night, ladies want human warm... :icon_lol:

flomike
20th November 2007, 22:46
Me and my hubby is going home this Christmas:) coz he really likes the pasko and new year in the Phils....so better go with gina pls pls pls:)

joebloggs
21st November 2007, 02:53
i've tired to send the wife back to, no luck yet, thing is she not one bit home sick :NoNo:, only thing shes wants to show little joe, white as snow he is, not one bit pinoy off to her family.. so i've told her , get a fulltime job and she can go :icon_lol:

oh but i don't think she will go on her own either.. :cwm24:, not so fearless now :D

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 02:57
Pete, how often do u spend christmas in Phils? Do u and Gina have an arrangement where she will be here some of the time for christmas and u will be in Phils for christmas, or is it just am ad hoc decision? I wonder for obvious reasons (chief of which being with my future asawa, mar)

mhynne
21st November 2007, 03:03
i think its really sweet of her, pete.. but yes jamz is right..
what is christmas without you? :( she must know she will miss you and rather be with you during the holidays..

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 03:11
i agree :D how lovely

Gie
21st November 2007, 03:37
hmmmm what's about these guys sending their wives for christmas eh? hehehe

mhynne
21st November 2007, 03:39
hmmmm what's about these guys sending their wives for christmas eh? hehehe

hahaha joebloggs? :icon_lol:

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 03:46
hahahahah
do they want the peace and quiet ;) lol

mhynne
21st November 2007, 03:52
hahahahah

:icon_lol:
hey we arent that noisy...
you know you guys are gonna miss us when we go

Bridget
21st November 2007, 07:26
[QUOTE=ginapeterb;44562]Ladies, are you going home for christmas ?
My Gina was going, but the problem is...she just will not go without me

Kuya Peter,
wow...that was very sweet. What a loving and adorable wife she is.:)
If Im in the same situation, I would say to my husband the same. Thats true love is, for better or worse. eka nga... hehe

ginapeterb
21st November 2007, 09:15
Tom

There is no particular arrangement as such, the problem is, I would go with her but I see no point in going when my work does not finish until around the 19th December, then we are back on the 2nd January, it does not give me much time to enjoy the hols.

I would rather go during summer holidays when we both get more time, she used to go, like the 1st year she was in country, she arrived in September, then she went back for 4 weeks from December 10th to January 14th, she loved it, it was one of the promises I made to her, she and a friend of ours both asked their husbands for danger money.

Let me explain what is danger money.

"Some girls had been told that if they come to UK, and anything goes wrong, they cannot get back, like what if the new hubby starts beating them, or what if he changes and he is a bad man, takes drugs, glue sniffing, spends all night in the pub that sort of thing"

"They said, they wanted danger money, I.e £1000.00 in a bank account just in case the Hubbys Mother make them a house slave"

They can then get home with the money, now looking back we all found this titilating and funny, that they were ever under this impression.

So I had to promise her a trip home the 1st Christmas, so back she went for 4 weeks, the problem is, she found out, that not all British Men give them to their Mothers as house servants.

Not all British men are dug takers, vampires, make you pay half the restaraunt bill, they dont beat you up, and yes, they can even be very loving and attentive.

So now, its hard to get her to go home and enjoy her christmas, the truth is as you ladies have realized is that they don't want to be parted from the British hubby, not one night not one day...that is why she will not go, she said to me "Hubby if you are not going, I am not, my place is with you"

Very sweet I have to say, and I know many of you are like this, a credit to your husbands, that is the thing with the Filipino wife, she is a blessing that is worth more than all the Gold in the world, you simply cannot buy what you have with them, even if you were a billionaire.

KeithD
21st November 2007, 09:56
I love Christmas....we burn a Manc in the castle every year.....Joe...Fancy a holiday in Wales? :D

ervenescence
21st November 2007, 12:12

Listen Pete, don't persuade Gina if she doesn't want to, just give me the ticket and problem is solve..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

love8888
21st November 2007, 13:07

Filipino Christmases are so much fun for all the family, I just wanted her to get the best out of it..

Christmas in the Philippines is really different in many other countries I was been and you/I can't compared it....even though it's a poor country still real spirit and meaning of Christmas is in there and in the heart of every Pilipino people. That’s why where ever the Pilipino goes and settled still they can't forget and aim to see their love ones left in the Philippines when season's like this is coming. Family is family no matter what happens.
Pete you are now a family of Gina aside from here family in the Philippines’s how here Christmas be complete without You.

I wish me and Rob we're there in Christmas this year not because it's my mother's birth day either it's Christmas day but because I want him to experienced how we celebrate Christmas in my country. Not this luxuries gifts.

We will be there but we will be back before Christmas but it doesn’t matter as long as were together any way we see them (my family ).Maybe next year…..

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 14:15
Listen Pete, don't persuade Gina if she doesn't want to, just give me the ticket and problem is solve..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

you are like the ombudsman ... well .... ombuds-woman! lol ;)

ginapeterb
21st November 2007, 16:50
Ervenescence, I hear you, just go di ba, and don't look back hehehehehe

Elsa, thanks, youre right, its about being together, wishing you and Rob a great trip back to Tacloban, best wishes.

eula mackay
21st November 2007, 20:45
spending xmas here with ben. attending noche buena at a friends house, xmas day lunch with his auntie and the rest of the family. we are both orphans, hes an only child, i cant leave him alone here to celebrate the yuletide season in manila. he cant join me as hes got no holidays left. we'll just make the most out of it. christmas is christmas, wherever you are in the world!!!

KeithD
21st November 2007, 20:48
I wonder if ET will be phoning home for Xmas! :rolleyes:

andypaul
21st November 2007, 21:12
I wonder if ET will be phoning home for Xmas! :rolleyes:

Phone im sure he voips now:Rasp:

Hanna
22nd November 2007, 01:48
hahahahah

Sir Bigtombowski:) what's your present gift?:Cuckoo: