PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 01:24
Here are a few thoughts of mine on forgiveness. These are all mine, just reflecting on my feelings on this subject.

1) Forgiveness should be free and unconditional

Forgiveness helps you as an individual. It is good for your health, research bears this out. It is also good for your soul. If you forgive someone you relinquish a world of hurt and you have decided to drop it. It is like holding a bunch of thorns in your hand and when u forgive someone, it's like dropping it! All the pain has gone! You may have some scars, but they will heal in time. The point is, you have gotten rid of the actual hurt Forgiveness is extremely good for your personal growth and maturity, because if you forgive, you are being the bigger person

2)You can forgive without giving "pardon"

if someone were to kill a relative of yours or something equally nasty, I would never imagine that you could pardon that person for their greivance, but you can forgive them, because forgiveness is NOT predicatd upon what the other person does, but rather your attitude and heart! So why not try forgiving someone in your heart today that u were holing on to bitterness for previously?? Why not give someone a second chance today? Why not? No reason is good enough

3)There are different degrees of Hurt

If you have an argument with someone where they say something that hurts you, you will get over it! If they kill your closest friend, it's another matter, PEOPLE, please put things into perspective, because it's the only way to live!

4)Sometimes u just gotta deal with it!

Sometimes you and the other person won't agree! Sometimes, the lights won't change for you, sometimes you're just stuck! Deal with it, forgive, move on, and enjoy your life!

5)If you are a christian, this is for YOU!

OF course, Jesus and the bible have a lot to say about this subject! So why not radically follow this advice?

The following quotations come from the fantastic "Message" translation of the bible

---Matthew 18:18-20

"Take this most seriously: A yes on earth is yes in heaven; a no on earth is no in heaven. What you say to one another is eternal. I mean this. When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there."

A Story About Forgiveness
21At that point Peter got up the nerve to ask, "Master, how many times do I forgive a brother or sister who hurts me? Seven?"
22Jesus replied, "Seven! Hardly. Try seventy times seven.

that's 490 by the way, people

---2 corinthians 2:9-11
The focus of my letter wasn't on punishing the offender but on getting you to take responsibility for the health of the church. So if you forgive him, I forgive him. Don't think I'm carrying around a list of personal grudges. The fact is that I'm joining in with your forgiveness, as Christ is with us, guiding us. After all, we don't want to unwittingly give Satan an opening for yet more mischief—we're not oblivious to his sly ways!

The application here is STOP HOLDING GRUDGES NOW!

---Galatians 6:1-3

Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out. Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law. If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived.
you are a christian? Great! You better be an expert in forgiving

---Psalm 130:3-4

If you, God, kept records on wrongdoings,
who would stand a chance?
As it turns out, forgiveness is your habit,
and that's why you're worshiped.
if u are a christian, why not try to exhibit godly character? FORGIVE!

of course there are thousands of others but, i want to leave you with the scary one :

Mark 11:26 (New King James Version)

"But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

this means folks, u can't call yourself a christian and hold a grudge. It's painful, but so is the truth
anyway the point is

FORGIVE, FORGIVE FORGIVE
sources: this is entirely my own work other than the bible verses (obviously) !

Bridget
21st November 2007, 01:48
Great post Tom :).:xxgrinning--00xx3: Fantastic..!!! I agree.:xxgrinning--00xx3: That was the most wonderful thoughts you have shared to this forum. :) Im proud of you my little Brother Tommi.

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 01:50
thank you very much. I was moved to write this :) thank u for the encouragement
tom

gWaPito
21st November 2007, 02:56
Nice post Tom,
If only the REAL world was that simple Tom. Perhaps it is and ive got it wrong, I hope so
God bless

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 02:58
maybe we can simplify it my friend :) it only takes one person to change a city, a county, a country, a continent ---- the world :)

what u do now, echoes in "eternity" -- whatever eternity means to you :)

lets just forgive unconditionally and lets see what happens :D

:D

tom

kimmi
21st November 2007, 05:04
well I agree with Bro markie,

if only it is that easy to forget and forgive..I can say still it depends on the situation..

but for me, let time heal all wounds..and ask GOD to help u move on and let go of all the hurts and pain uve experience and not rushing urself to forgive..

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 05:07
i think if u don't rush urself to forgive, your forgiveness can be watered down in the mean time but then ur anger can flare up again eventually

i guess

the wisdom of jesus is hard to challenge on this issue right?

he said forgive 70X7 and in luke's gospel he said "per day" . . .

490 times per day

once every 3 minutes

sounds like a forgiveness reflex

if u believe the bible :D

Gie
21st November 2007, 05:09
if you asks for forgiveness and they still dont want to, leave it and move on. At least you asks right?

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 05:10
AMEN sister :D

kimmi
21st November 2007, 05:13
I agree with u Gie..but sometimes it is really a case to case basis..

son, I know wot u meant when ure saying that it is in the bible to forgive even 70x7 and as the LORD forgives us we must forgive those who tresppassed against us..

it is easy to say sorry and pls forgive me..its just only words but wot is important if u mean it and if u have learned with that mistakes..

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 05:19
It's a HEART thing :D

if i peeved u off, u got 3 minutes to drop it :D

tom

LadyJ
21st November 2007, 10:45
Nice post Tom! I like that!

I think you are the first person who posted a Gods words here..

...but be very carefull, you might burn Keith's forum:D

KeithD
21st November 2007, 11:49
:yikes:

ervenescence
21st November 2007, 11:55
Good for you Tom. ;)

I sometimes just being unforgivable, some people might say that its wrong..im sorry but I just can't.

Wound heals but the scars remains.

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 14:12
true!

getting over the wound = forgiveness
scars = the lessons that u learn :)

and lady J. thank u for ur compliment :D

tom

Pepe n Pilar
21st November 2007, 15:07
Nice post Tom. It is really hard to forgive and forget. Though we always say that, in reality it is really hard to do it. It takes time to heal but once we get over it we learn to give more love and understanding.

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 15:10
and we can become experts in it if we practice diba?

Pepe n Pilar
21st November 2007, 15:15
Yes i agree:)

walesrob
21st November 2007, 15:25
:Erm:

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 15:32
hahaha!

walesrob
21st November 2007, 15:43
No offence, but I find "Religion" a double-edge thing, its good, but it also (can be) evil.

I know of some Christians, Jehovahs and Catholics who claim they live by the rules of the church, but quite clearly break these rules when it suits them.

I don't think we should be discussing Religion anyway, as a flaming and trolling could result in such an emotive subject.

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 15:48
i simply put "for those who are christians" because i think that we should have the option ... and given that about 95% of pinoy call themselves christian, it's appropriate:) i won't mention it again mod :D

thanks
t

vbkelly
21st November 2007, 15:49
great post mr tom,are you a pastor?

bigtombowski
21st November 2007, 15:51
hehe no, i do hold a degree in theology, but i am not good enough person to be a pastor ... i have too much bad stuff in my heart. Maybe some day i will be pure enough :D