PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive teeth

stevewool
22nd February 2015, 20:07
Went to the dentist the other day, and since that visit I have noticed that my tooth on the bottom rear has become so sensitive when drinking cold water or anything around that area.

So I am going to try this sensitive toothpaste. Anyway, as I was going round Wilkinson's buying other things too, I saw this toothpaste, normal for everyone else :anerikke: and there we go, sensitive for me.

Hang about, it costs twice as much as the normal one! :cwm24:

I can't pay that, but hang about again, they have their own brand: Wilkinson sensitive toothpaste and for just 80p, can't be bad! :Erm:

I will let you know how it is later.

joebloggs
22nd February 2015, 20:17
:icon_lol:

Better trying the 80p one, but keep your eye open for the expensive branded ones which usually will be on offer at half price every month or so at your local supermarket.

Then see if that one is any better - you usually get what you pay for. :cwm25:

I always buy and use branded mouthwash, but only buy it when it's half price - which is like every other month - and I'm sure it does work!

Steve, after using your sensitive toothpaste, get a mouthwash for sensitive teeth and give your teeth a quick brush with the mouthwash. I know some people do this - it reaches parts toothpaste can't. :biggrin: That might help! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
22nd February 2015, 20:19
Went to the dentist the other day, and since that visit I have noticed that my tooth on the bottom rear has become so sensitive when drinking cold water or anything around that area.

So I am going to try this sensitive toothpaste. Anyway, as I was going round Wilkinson's buying other things too, I saw this toothpaste, normal for everyone else :anerikke: and there we go, sensitive for me. Hang about, it costs twice as much as the normal one! :cwm24:

I can't pay that, but hang about again, they have there own brand: Wilkinson sensitive toothpaste - and for just 80p, can't be bad!

I will let you know how it is later.

The Dental Hospital recommend not rinsing the mouth out when cleaning teeth. This has more effect than Sensitive toothpaste or mouthwash; also cheaper (they advise just using a decent brand of toothpaste). Poundstretcher sell Colgate at 50 pence a go. I usually get £10-worth at a time Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
22nd February 2015, 20:22
Do you floss Steve ? That will probably help if you don't, which you should be doing anyway. :xxaction-smiley-047

:wink:

joebloggs
22nd February 2015, 20:27
The Dental Hospital recommend not rinsing the mouth out when cleaning teeth. This has more effect than Sensitive toothpaste or mouthwash; also cheaper (they advise just using a decent brand of toothpaste) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My misses' dentist told her that, but there are many reports on the benefits of mouthwash (some, no doubt, being paid for by the manufacturers - but even still ! :anerikke:)

http://www.webdental.com/profiles/blogs/benefits-of-using-mouthwash

Michael Parnham
22nd February 2015, 20:37
Also Steve, as you get older the gums recede exposing the nerves hence sensitivity!

Tawi2
22nd February 2015, 21:18
Also Steve, as you get older the gums recede exposing the nerves hence sensitivity!

Long in the tooth :smile: