PDA

View Full Version : Posting parcels around UK: Who do you use?

\\\\ToNy////
23rd February 2015, 22:40
Hi all, :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

I'm asking this because I went to the Post Office to post a large sized shoe box, tracked and signed for £12, but she said she couldn't find the address. There were 4 different options for that address. I thought, "well b:censored:lls to it", and took it to DHL. That cost £17.

Do you guys take your parcels somewhere to be delivered, or get some company to come, collect and deliver?

raynaputi
23rd February 2015, 22:48
When we are selling items that are quite big in Ebay, we opt for them to be collected from the house, especially if there are more than 2 orders, otherwise, we take the parcels ourselves to the drop-off branch of the courier company. For items not more than 2kgs, we take them to the post office.

SimonH
23rd February 2015, 22:51
Fedex, next day up to 25Kg for £5.50 :smile:

\\\\ToNy////
24th February 2015, 00:17
Cool! Who do you use Rayna? Is it easy to sort out and do they collect on time? I've been selling some stuff on ebay also.

Simon, that's very cheap. Last year I sold a space-saver wheel for £15 and the delivery was over £20 if I remember rightly, so I made a loss on that sale. The wheel was only about 12kg.

raynaputi
24th February 2015, 00:24
We use Hermes, which is the cheapest but isn't really reliable unless the items aren't breakable. We also use Collect+ because they have a drop off point near us. We just sell books now because of too much trouble with broken items in the past. At least it can be easily sent via Royal Mail and won't break.

Dedworth
24th February 2015, 01:41
We use UK Mail for business £5.25 ex vat up to 20kg next day. Have a look at parcel.2go.com drop off at shop UPS £6.99 ex vat 20kg

stevewool
24th February 2015, 07:42
I use my own fleet of vans and large lorries. So far, it's worked for me, but I am sure the boss is on to it now. :biggrin:

Slip
24th February 2015, 07:57
I use my own fleet off vans and large lorry's, so far its worked for me, but i am sure the boss is on to it now:biggrin:

Lol, reminds me off when I worked for a company many moons ago, my mates job was to input and print off labels for the parcels, then at the end of the day print of the manifest. Luckily they never checked the manifest (not to our knowledge) because we used to sell stuff on e bay and everything got sent for free via work. I only worked there 18 months.... but was very good to me!

stevewool
24th February 2015, 08:20
Perks of the job, I call it.

I once bought a staircase off eBay from deepest, darkest Shropshire. My boss saw the lorry on the tracker of route and askied why. I said there was an accident and we had to divert the lorry. I got away with that one!

SimonH
24th February 2015, 09:54
We use UK Mail for business £5.25 ex vat up to 20kg next day. Have a look at parcel.2go.com drop off at shop UPS £6.99 ex vat 20kg

UPS are trying to get my business and offered me £5 +VAT for the same deal, maybe room for negotiation there Ded :smile:

Dedworth
24th February 2015, 10:50
UPS are trying to get my business and offered me £5 +VAT for the same deal, maybe room for negotiation there Ded :smile:

Thats good, I may well have a look at them - our deal with UK Mail is multiple packs can make up the 20kg subject to their volume calculator, I know we sometimes use UPS through a reseller http://www.ccl-logistics.com/ and it's 20 or 25kg but single carton