PDA

View Full Version : Documents courier service (UK - Philippines) Recommendations needed

eddiek
25th February 2015, 00:19
Hi gang,

Myself and Levin are in the midst of preparing her visa application to come and join me here in the UK.

We are nearly finished with the application but I will need to send a couple of documents across to her.

Can anyone recommend a quick and ultra reliable way of getting these documents across (London, UK - Manila, Philippines)

Thank you.

Dedworth
25th February 2015, 01:24
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/55975-Posting-to-The-Philippines?highlight=parcel

Michael Parnham
25th February 2015, 07:26
DHL Eddie!

stevewool
25th February 2015, 07:29
Like Michael, I used DHL. There may be others, but I've found them to be very good.

Anne2014
25th February 2015, 09:30
We also used DHL. Not cheap but reliable. :smile:

Ann1984
25th February 2015, 10:47
FEDEX is good too! Will arrive 4 - 5 days from UK. We used this FEDEX courier 3 years' ago.

Terpe
25th February 2015, 12:01
We always used DHL
Not least because they had a Service Centre in our local WH Smith and our local Staples.
Both centres were pretty helpful.
Be sure to have a correct full address include Zip Code

raynaputi
25th February 2015, 15:49
We used DHL. Keith sent the documents on a Friday and it arrived at my doorstep on Monday. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
25th February 2015, 16:06
Yep DHL, and as Terpe says, they will either pick up from your house, or your local WH Smith.

Dedworth
25th February 2015, 16:20
As I said on the other thread

Use someone like DHL, UPS, Fedex but check the price you can get through one of their online.

Resellers like Parcelhero, Postagesupermarket, etc can often be cheaper than going direct - you just book & pay them online. DHL etc, do the actual collecting, shipping tracking etc, very painless.

Terpe
26th February 2015, 02:40
As I said on the other thread

Use someone like DHL, UPS, Fedex but check the price you can get through one of their online.

Resellers like Parcelhero, Postagesupermarket, etc can often be cheaper than going direct - you just book & pay them online. DHL etc, do the actual collecting, shipping tracking etc, very painless.

Dedworth, just a question. When using such resellers who is responsible for the delivery perfromance etc?
If something happens that shouldn't (eg. Non delivery/loss of papers) who sorts it out and and who does the 'buck-stop' with legally?

Just curious :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
26th February 2015, 09:34
Dedworth, just a question. When using such resellers who is responsible for the delivery perfromance etc?
If something happens that shouldn't (eg. Non delivery/loss of papers) who sorts it out and and who does the 'buck-stop' with legally?

Just curious :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good question Terpe. At the end of the day they offer compensation and additional cover & you'd need to check how this stacks up with what the carrier offers if you go direct

... Parcel Hero Insurance & Compensation

Unlike other international couriers, ParcelHero® offers £50 free cover on every delivery as standard. We minimise any risk of loss or damage by only offering the services of the world’s best and most reliable carriers. However because your international package will be handled multiple times before delivery it is re-assuring to know that your package is covered. Additional Insurance Protection is also available.

For routine throughout shipment stuff - tracking, locating item at the other end etc it's dealt with by the carrier ie DHL

Article here (mainly UK service related) http://elogmag.com/magazine/57/c2c_services___parce.shtml

Terpe
26th February 2015, 11:44
Thanks for the reply Dedworth.
Still so far unable to pin down the answer, but looks like some of the resellers do offer a reasonable compensation package on everyday shipments.

I doubt I can give priority to digging out the nitty gritty. Just thought you might know.

Dedworth
26th February 2015, 12:21
Thanks for the reply Dedworth.
Still so far unable to pin down the answer, but looks like some of the resellers do offer a reasonable compensation package on everyday shipments.

I doubt I can give priority to digging out the nitty gritty. Just thought you might know.

All couriers can lose packages - fact! The documents people on here are sending are pretty much irreplaceable so compensation isn't wholly relevant. Reliability and reputation is key plus know what happens at the other end - on that there's probably not a lot to choose between DHL, Fedex & UPS, my view is save on their top rates by using a broker/reseller

eddiek
4th March 2015, 22:59
Thanks for the feedback gang, I think it's fair to say that DHL win this!! haha

cheekee
5th March 2015, 02:04
Ed, I'm using DHL. Sent two important packages to Cebu before with them and both got there in two days.

Enrico
9th March 2015, 19:26
yes DHL. Not cheap nut you get what you pay for.

eddiek
18th April 2015, 19:23
guys,

i went with DHL in the end.

Posted the pacel at 6pm friday night uk time, and the package arrived in manila at about 2pm Tuesday!

Price: 39GBP from DHL depot in heathrow

Thanks for your support,
ED

grahamw48
18th April 2015, 20:03
Well done. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Always cheaper than an air ticket. :smile: