PDA

View Full Version : So much on my mind

stevewool
25th February 2015, 08:15
Do you ever get those days when you have so much on your mind but you cant be :action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081:?

I have decided to be bored instead! :yawn::yawn::yawn:

One thing at a time for now, right? Breakfast. The wedding speech can wait, I have till Saturday 12 noon to write it. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

grahamw48
25th February 2015, 10:21
I just keep looking around at all the stuff in this 3 bed detached house and wondering how I'm going to fit it into a one bedroom bungalow next week.

Terpe
25th February 2015, 12:05
I just keep looking around at all the stuff in this 3 bed detached house and wondering how I'm going to fit it into a one bedroom bungalow next week.

The only advice I can you Graham from personal experience is not to throw anything out and not to sell anything until after moving and having a good long think.

I made some very bad decisions during my last couple of moves solely due to the stress of a fast approaching downdate.
Be brave. Even if it means short term storage somewhere.

imagine
25th February 2015, 12:09

Quantum physics! :olddude:

grahamw48
25th February 2015, 12:19
Good advice Peter. :)

SimonH
25th February 2015, 12:34
I usually box it in priority, so kitchen stuff would go into 4 boxes say. Open box 1 (top priority) on moving in. A few day later realise I need something that isn't in box 1 so look in box 2. If after 3 or 4 months boxes 3 and 4 haven't been opened then they get donated, sold or chucked :smile:

imagine
25th February 2015, 12:36
Most my life I was a hoarder, then through moving house often, I decided minimalism was the way to go.

Easier to find things, easier to move, easier for cleaning and less dust.

But still I had lots just before I moved here to Philippines, just 1 suitcase, 1 hand luggage, and followed by 3 balakbayan boxes, thats all I had left to my name.

grahamw48
25th February 2015, 13:22
I'm a minimalist too, but when your kids leave all their stuff behind. :doh

Going to donate one or two bigger items of furniture to local charity scheme, so at least some poor Romanians will benefit from the fruits of my labour. :anerikke:

Michael Parnham
25th February 2015, 13:28
You'll get it right in the end Graham, I'm sure! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
25th February 2015, 13:44
It's a council OAP-type bungalow. I only applied a week ago, and got one offered. Still in shock. Thought it would take 20 years. :icon_lol:

imagine
25th February 2015, 13:57
It's a council OAP-type bungalow. I only applied a week ago, and got one offered. Still in shock. Thought it would take 20 years. :icon_lol:

That was quick! Good luck sorting and moving. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
25th February 2015, 19:57

Are you moving, Graham?

stevewool
25th February 2015, 19:59
Silly me, I should have read everything before I said what I did. At least it's given me another post to add to my thousands already. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Terpe
26th February 2015, 02:50
Good luck with your speech Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
26th February 2015, 07:52
Thanks Peter, it's all written up and in BIG LETTERS too.

The last speech I did, I just wrote it in shorthand, but with my watery eyes could not read it, :bigcry::bigcry: Tears of joy, I may add!

Ako Si Jamie
26th February 2015, 22:52
Do you ever get those days when you have so much on your mind but you cant be :action-smiley-081::action-smiley-081:?

I have decided to be bored instead! :yawn::yawn::yawn:

One thing at a time for now, right? Breakfast. The wedding speech can wait, I have till Saturday 12 noon to write it. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:Wedding speeches for the old man. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.topweddingsites.com/wedding-blog/wedding-planning/father-of-the-bride-speech-examples

Ako Si Jamie
28th February 2015, 01:47
It's a council OAP-type bungalow. I only applied a week ago, and got one offered. Still in shock. Thought it would take 20 years. :icon_lol:You're a wily old fox Graham :wink:

Terpe
28th February 2015, 05:52
Most my life I was a hoarder, then through moving house often, I decided minimalism was the way to go.

Easier to find things, easier to move, easier for cleaning and less dust.....

Most of my life I was a minimalist. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Still am.

Since getting married we seem to have accumulated tons and tons of stuff :doh
(I almost said rubbish then :xxparty-smiley-004:)

I though moving to the Philippines would reduce the volume of stuff much much more than it actually did.

Now, whenever we move locations it's going to cost the proverbial 'arm and a leg'.

Again!!

So much to throw away....so little time to do it :biggrin:

joebloggs
28th February 2015, 07:57

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Good for you! That is quick thou'. :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
28th February 2015, 10:22
My friend's dad lives in one of those newly built OAP bungalows. The only drawback is they're not very spacious and a bit cramped, but saying that, I wouldn't turn one down if I was an OAP.

SimonH
28th February 2015, 10:25
My friend's dad lives in one of those newly built OAP bungalows. The only drawback is they're not very spacious and a bit cramped, but saying that, I wouldn't turn one down if I was an OAP.

Only one major flaw :Erm:

SimonH
28th February 2015, 10:29

You won't be needing your slinky anymore :wink:

Terpe
28th February 2015, 14:47
I'm trying to avoid becoming an OAP for as long as possible :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I hate that term...:NoNo:

Arthur Little
28th February 2015, 15:10
I'm trying to avoid becoming an OAP for as long as possible :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I hate that term...:NoNo:

Whilst :iagree: none of us (especially men) relish being thought of as an :olddude: ... reaching a certain age has its advantages :biggrin: ... sometimes!

grahamw48
28th February 2015, 22:54
It's a super little place.
I just needed to be over 60 and local. :)

Dedworth
28th February 2015, 23:37
It's a super little place.
I just needed to be over 60 and local. :)

Good job these rodents haven't figured it out yet :yikes: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-romanians-are-coming

Michael Parnham
1st March 2015, 07:12

Could be very cosy for Mercedes and yourself Graham! Btw, how is she? :Erm:

grahamw48
1st March 2015, 11:39
Mercedes is fine thanks Michael...pregnancy going well. It isn't in our plans for her to live in the UK ... as I've said before. Saving two thirds of my current rent here does make a lot of sense though. :)

Michael Parnham
1st March 2015, 13:09
Mercedes is fine thanks Michael...pregnancy going well.It isn't in our plans for her to live in the UK ...as I've said before. Saving two thirds of my current rent here does make a lot of sense though. :)

Pleased everything is ok. Two thirds? That can't be bad! :xxgrinning--00xx3: