PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Taylor Dies aged 90

Dedworth
19th March 2015, 21:38
Presenter of Police 5 who encouraged armchair detectives to solve crimes and 'keep ’em peeled’

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/culture-obituaries/tv-radio-obituaries/11480063/Shaw-Taylor-television-presenter-obituary.html

a good bloke

mickcant
19th March 2015, 23:18
Yes a good man. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick. :smile:

bigmarco
20th March 2015, 03:11
Top man. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Keep 'em peeled :smile:

Michael Parnham
20th March 2015, 07:51
Ah, remember him now, lovely chap! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
20th March 2015, 11:57
Far too intelligent and well-spoken to be a presenter in today's dumbed down media.

RIP sir.

johncar54
21st March 2015, 09:12
I met him several times and he interviewed me on the 'Police Five' programme when we were investigating a couple of crimes, including a robbery and a murder in South London. He was every bit the gentleman that he appeared to be on TV.

On one occasion when he was filming at the scene of a crime, a group of teenagers started 'interfering'. He called then over and asked them if they would assist him with the filming. He asked them to walk towards the cameras and then continue past without actually looking at the cameras. They were delighted and did just that. They continued walking well after the cameras and I said to Shaw Taylor, thinking it was a ruse to get rid of them, "great way to get them to leave." He was surprised they had not come back. He called them over and thanked them for 'helping'.