PDA

View Full Version : Biometric Residence Permit for all settlement route Applicants

Terpe
23rd April 2015, 04:44
Here's the latest update link from UKVI called

Get a biometric residence permit (BRP) (https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits)

Please do take time to read the Guidance which is linked under the made webpage link given above.

It's an important change to the BRP process, especially to those living outside the UK and making their application for settlement route visa's

Please be sure you read all and follow all appropriate links before requesting clarifications

songz777
28th April 2015, 21:31
Thanks Terpe. I think I may ask Angeline to get hers now for next years FLR and as we wish to travel to her country again next year.

Terpe
29th April 2015, 00:32
Thanks Terpe. I think I may ask Angeline to get hers now for next years FLR and as we wish to travel to her country again next year.

She'll make her BRP application at FLR(M) time. It's on the same form.
It can only be done that way John :xxgrinning--00xx3:

songz777
30th April 2015, 19:17
She'll make her BRP application at FLR(M) time. It's on the same form.
It can only be done that way John :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Terpe, yes I read that a little later so you have kindly confirmed it :)

hornash
17th June 2015, 06:59
quick question. rhosalie has just been granted her spouse visa but there wasn't a decision letter accompanying her passport. does it arrive after the visa or where we will be living together or does she need to send an email out to request a new one.
Cheers

Terpe
17th June 2015, 07:43
quick question. rhosalie has just been granted her spouse visa but there wasn't a decision letter accompanying her passport. does it arrive after the visa or where we will be living together or does she need to send an email out to request a new one.
Cheers

The new Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) process rolled out from 31 May 2015 for applicants in the Philippines travelling to the UK for more than six months.

Please follow this link (https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/philippines-changes-to-visa-process-for-applicants-travelling-to-the-uk-for-more-than-6-months) for the announcement detail.

I'd guess that Rhosalie submitted her application before 31 May 2015 ?

cheekee
17th June 2015, 11:41
Terpe.

If for any reason you can't travel to the UK in the time specified am I correct in thinking a new short term vignette will cost £75 ?

Terpe
18th June 2015, 01:47
Terpe.

If for any reason you can't travel to the UK in the time specified am I correct in thinking a new short term vignette will cost £75 ?

Hi Phil,
Yes, that's correct.
I'm not sure about the latest current cost but it's around that mark.

Terpe
18th June 2015, 01:51
Terpe.

Hi Phil,
Yes, that's correct.

Where did you get the £75 from ?

As far as I'm aware it's still the case that UKVI issued letters in connection with BRP contain the detail on the process and the cost. I haven't seen one of those yet.

cheekee
18th June 2015, 17:54
Hi Phil,
Yes, that's correct.

Where did you get the £75 from ?

As far as I'm aware it's still the case that UKVI issued letters in connection with BRP contain the detail on the process and the cost. I haven't seen one of those yet.

I heard it somewhere on here I think.

Just a little concerned about getting the timing right so I send off the application and it will be dealt with by the time of the selected travel time.

Terpe
19th June 2015, 11:01
I heard it somewhere on here I think.

Just a little concerned about getting the timing right so I send off the application and it will be dealt with by the time of the selected travel time.

Phil,
I'm no longer registered with OISC so I don't get updated on new stuff anymore.

But I believe that a replacement 30 day Travel Vignette is dealt with under Transfer of Conditions
The cost is around the £70-£90 mark
Your letter will detail.

Give or take a little time it shouldn't be too difficult to manage unless there are some time consuming issues to take care of. Most folks on here seem to fly to UK fairly soon after the visa decision.
It does mean compromising on short-time decisions but using the UKVI processing times to determine a reasonable travel date should work out reasonably well.
Hopefully :icon_lol: