PDA

View Full Version : New rule on News Articles and Other Site Content

Dedworth
25th April 2015, 22:15
As I can't post on the original thread just for clarity would the following comply with the new rules :-

Title - Police & Social Workers Concealed Labour Lord Janners child sex abuse for 20 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3054583/The-rape-justice-Damning-new-evidence-Labour-peer-Lord-Janner-s-child-sex-abuse-covered-police-social-workers-20-years.html

Dedworth comment - interesting article explaining how the establishment covered up alleged child sex abuse. I think he should stand trial and if convicted be jailed for the maximum sentence under law

raynaputi
25th April 2015, 23:06
As I can't post on the original thread just for clarity would the following comply with the new rules :-

Yes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

From now on, please avoid copying the whole content of a news article. A link and title would do, or your own rewritten content with the link to the article you are referring to.

fred
25th April 2015, 23:41
Yes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

From now on, please avoid copying the whole content of a news article. A link and title would do, or your own rewritten content with the link to the article you are referring to.

Thats no good for us with slow connections!
I have to avoid clicking links unless I am reasonably sure that the content is interesting enough to keep reading.

Arthur Little
26th April 2015, 00:54
Title - Police & Social Workers Concealed Labour Lord Janners child sex abuse for 20 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3054583/The-rape-justice-Damning-new-evidence-Labour-peer-Lord-Janner-s-child-sex-abuse-covered-police-social-workers-20-years.html

Dedworth comment - interesting article explaining how the establishment covered up alleged child sex abuse. I think he should stand trial and if convicted be jailed for the maximum sentence under law

Indeed it IS ... :iagree: after reading the full report. Like you said in one of your recent posts ... a 90-year-old former Headmaster was jailed the other week, so WHY should this :olddude:, Janner be allowed freedom from justice ... dementia or not?

Scandalous! :cwm23:

Dedworth
26th April 2015, 01:15
Indeed it IS ... :iagree: after reading the full report. Like you said in one of your recent posts ... a 90-year-old former Headmaster was jailed the other week, so WHY should this :olddude:, Janner be allowed freedom from justice ... dementia or not?

Scandalous! :cwm23:

A vile living alleged deviant Joe first heard about him here

jake
26th April 2015, 02:59
I have to avoid clicking links unless I am reasonably sure that the content is interesting enough to keep reading.

Ditto!

Terpe
26th April 2015, 04:12

I'm in that club too :bigcry:

KeithD
26th April 2015, 10:55
You can copy the first sentence as a teaser from the 3rd party site. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Similar to what Google News does.

Dedworth
26th April 2015, 11:14
You can copy the first sentence as a teaser from the 3rd party site. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Similar to what Google News does.

Lines like "vile product of Broken Britain"

KeithD
26th April 2015, 11:22
We are also having to go through thousands of posts to edit out the articles already published :doh

KeithD
26th April 2015, 11:23
Lines like "vile product of Broken Britain"

Is that how your parents refer to you? :omg: :icon_lol:

Dedworth
26th April 2015, 11:28
:laugher: Britain wasn't broken when I was the apple of my parents eyes

fred
26th April 2015, 13:11
What about youtube video`s?? Can we still post them?

raynaputi
26th April 2015, 13:14
What about youtube video`s?? Can we still post them?

Yes! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
26th April 2015, 13:49
Yes! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Ako Si Jamie
29th April 2015, 20:51
If I wanted to post an image/picture by copying the URL from another site, would I need to add the link to the post, because I noticed Dedworth did. :Erm:

KeithD
29th April 2015, 21:11
Pictures that use a 3rd party URL are fine :xxgrinning--00xx3: