PDA

View Full Version : Will be filing my spousal visa this thursday

mhynne
26th November 2007, 04:47
Wish me luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
thanks for all the help and support i got from this forum.. advises and all...
pray for me guys...
hope i get it soon :Hellooo:

aromulus
26th November 2007, 08:18
pray for me guys...

No need to worry.

The average waiting time is about 4-7 weeks. So the chances are you will be in the Uk in January.
Good luck

KeithD
26th November 2007, 09:44
You must be lucky, you're a 'Respected Member' now :)

LadyJ
26th November 2007, 10:32
Hey goodluck to you Mhynne.

Let us know the result.

mhynne
26th November 2007, 10:33
WWWOOOOOOWWW.. thanks a lot win2win.. finally i get to have pms =) hehehe

yes im kinda confident now with my application although im still a bit scared... my husband has been very supportive and we promise to be together wherever it may be.. =) but of course im still hoping to be able to go.. be nice to see my husbands parents for the first time personally.. i have lots of things to finalize... hopefully yes i be there by january.. even with the massive number of holidays coming =)

KeithD
26th November 2007, 10:39
.. finally i get to have pms....

:cwm24:

mhynne
26th November 2007, 10:46
hahaha i didnt know it looked like Pre menstrual syndrome.. haha thats really funny..

private messages i mean =)

joyce
26th November 2007, 11:26
Goodluck Mhynne!!!! You will get your visa for about a month and without interview.

Peanutz
26th November 2007, 11:49
pray for me guys...

:Hellooo:Wishing you luck!

kimmi
26th November 2007, 12:16
pray for me guys...

hi sis,

I know how u feel right now but I am sure as long as u followed all the advises here and prepared ur documents very well there's no way for u not to get it in time..:BouncyHappy:
btw, Congratz ur a respected member here now we can exchange PM's again..

Goodluck sis, I know u will get ur visa without interview..:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Durkhaima
26th November 2007, 14:27
Goodluck. God bless...

mhynne
26th November 2007, 14:55
thanks for all your response.. yes i sure do hope it will be a month or so before i get my visa.. well i just hope i get it! :D hehehe im still waiting for my renewed passport (with my married last name on it) which should be delivered tomorrow.. im actually all set.. its just a matter of slipping in that passport now and going over to the vaf office in buendia.. :Hellooo:

but grr... :cwm23: i just called the Passport Hotline and they said that there had been a backlog lately in DFA and people have been getting their passports 2 days late! grr... nothing is on time with government offices..:NoNo: =( anyway i just have to patient..

Thanks for all your nice response aromulus, win2win, ladyJ, joyce, peanutz,Durkhaima, sis kimmi .. and sis kimmi thanks for the prayers and advises.. i hope next time i will ask for your advise as to what to bring to the uk already.. =) :BouncyHappy:

kimmi
26th November 2007, 15:28
I am more than willing to help sis Mhynne and i am sure everything will be ok with ur application..:)

Goodluck sis and be on time with ur appointment on thursday..

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 16:35
Oh no! You might want to read this first (http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/Pop2Aug07.html)!

IMPORTANT ADVISORY
New Visa Applications Forms (VAFs)
From 29 October 2007 onwards, applicants wishing to apply for a UK visa must use the New Visa Application Forms (VAFs). These new forms are free of charge and will be available from 29 October by clicking on the "Application Forms & Guidance Notes" link on the left side of your screen or go to Ukvisas's website atwww.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/. You need to fill in only one of the forms depending on what type of visa you want to apply for. The guidance notes will tell you which form you should fill in and give advice about additional documents you need to submit when making your application.
Applicants are advised that the old VAFs will be accepted only until 16 November 2007.

vbkelly
26th November 2007, 16:47
thanks for all your response.. yes i sure do hope it will be a month or so before i get my visa.. well i just hope i get it! :D hehehe im still waiting for my renewed passport (with my married last name on it) which should be delivered tomorrow.. im actually all set.. its just a matter of slipping in that passport now and going over to the vaf office in buendia.. :Hellooo:

but grr... :cwm23: i just called the Passport Hotline and they said that there had been a backlog lately in DFA and people have been getting their passports 2 days late! grr... nothing is on time with government offices..:NoNo: =( anyway i just have to patient..

Thanks for all your nice response aromulus, win2win, ladyJ, joyce, peanutz,Durkhaima, sis kimmi .. and sis kimmi thanks for the prayers and advises.. i hope next time i will ask for your advise as to what to bring to the uk already.. =) :BouncyHappy:

goodluck mhynne you get your visa soon!!!!

Tiggers0608
26th November 2007, 23:46
good luck mhynne on your application, hope you get your visa soon, good luck on both of us :Hellooo:

eula mackay
27th November 2007, 20:25
goodluck to you and andy!!!!

mhynne
30th November 2007, 14:33
thanks for all your greetings..
i already filed it last thursday.. Thank God my Passport came on time..
I was basically lugging my big tote bag with 2 huge and very heavy expandable folders inside it... i just parked at my office in rcbc and walked all the way there.. good thing it was soo near... it also happend around the time there was a coup attempt in makati.. god is good.. because i left 3 hours early and missed the traffic...
So i went in and waited for my turn.. my appointment was supposed to be at 215pm but i was already called at around 145pm... so good thing i was early...
i approached counter 1 and got a really nice lady named joanne.. she helped me sort out my documents.. and it was funny how we were chitchatting and how i was telling her about my husband... anyway she was really nice.. she made sure that all my documents were secured.. she basically sorted out my papers and seperated the photocopies from the original.. photocopies and originals were put in 4 brown envelopes which she later on put in a long plastic envelope again.. she even put 3 rubber bands on them so they wouldnt get lost... after we were done with everything she gave me a reciept and then i got my picture taken and my finger print scanned.. it was not intimidating at all when i was there.. people were really friendly..

anyway im waiting now.. hopefully i get my visa without interview.. :)

mhynne
30th November 2007, 14:34
goodluck to you and andy!!!!

thanks sis eula.. thanks for all your help and advices too.. hopefully i get to see you in the UK one day

greenbeltboy
30th November 2007, 20:19
Hello.. Did you use the new visa application forms? :)

Just wondering, because I've accomplished the OLD ones a long time ago, and was thinking if I could still catch up like you did, if you know what I mean? heheh. :)

mhynne
30th November 2007, 22:30
yup i used the new one greenbeltboy

tiger@tigress
30th November 2007, 22:49
Goodluck to you Mhynne.

DonyaPepay
2nd December 2007, 05:15
Goodluck Mhynne.