PDA

View Full Version : Documents

kimmi
26th November 2007, 13:19
hello everyone,

I'm Kimmi, Ive been a member here for quiet sometime and have used the search button already but I am still in doubt and still cant find the answer to my question..he he he do I sound a newbie here?:)

I already have my fiancee visa and will be leaving on the 9th of December..I just want to know wot documents should I bring..A friend told me that I need to bring all the documents that was sent back to me by the BE..so does it mean I need to carry all of those?

- identifications ( his passport, his birth cert. driver's license)
-evidence of accomodation ( mortgage deeds,house details)
-evidence of support(wu receipts, bank receipts)
-evidence of meeting(receipts from visits)
-emails,chatlogs,letters and cards

and I am thinking it might be too heavy for me to carry all of those in my hand lagguage..will it be ok if I carry only his Identifications and put the other things to my suitcase?

can anyone enlighten me with this one?any help will be much appreciated!

thanks everyone.

Kimmi

winner
26th November 2007, 13:54
hi kimmi no you not need any paper work coming to uk cos thay all ready know when thay gave you visa keep smiling and look forward to sonny england take care warren (winner)

Durkhaima
26th November 2007, 14:26
Hi Kimmi. When in the future you would like to work, its very helpful that you bring at least two letter of recommendation from your previous employer/s. And also your credentials from the university you graduated from. I wish you all the best. Have a happy and safe trip. God bless...

joebloggs
26th November 2007, 14:28
was you asked to take a TB test Kimmi ?

if so bring your cert with you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thou my stepson wasn't until he was in the uk a few months..

kimmi
26th November 2007, 14:33
thank u sis Durkhaima and JOE..:)

yes I already prepared my credentials so at least I dont have to worry if ever..and Joe they don't asked me to have any TB test, maybe when I get there in UK also..

So it will be fine if I put all those documents in my suitcase(check in bag) and not in my hand luggage(carry bag)? will it be ok?or do i have to make it handy?

thanks..

Durkhaima
26th November 2007, 14:37
Hi Kimmi. Based on my experience, Phil immigration will check your passport if you have the CFO sticker. Then when you get to UK immigration the immigration officer will only check your passport and the UK Visa stamped on it.

kimmi
26th November 2007, 14:58
thanks sis Durkhaima..wot a relief because I was thinking if ever I need to bring it in my hand luggage it will be very heavy..I will just put it in my suitcase if ever.

thank u..:)

LadyJ
26th November 2007, 15:05
hello everyone,

I'm Kimmi, Ive been a member here for quiet sometime and have used the search button already but I am still in doubt and still cant find the answer to my question..he he he do I sound a newbie here?:)

I already have my fiancee visa and will be leaving on the 9th of December..I just want to know wot documents should I bring..A friend told me that I need to bring all the documents that was sent back to me by the BE..so does it mean I need to carry all of those?

- identifications ( his passport, his birth cert. driver's license)
-evidence of accomodation ( mortgage deeds,house details)
-evidence of support(wu receipts, bank receipts)
-evidence of meeting(receipts from visits)
-emails,chatlogs,letters and cards

and I am thinking it might be too heavy for me to carry all of those in my hand lagguage..will it be ok if I carry only his Identifications and put the other things to my suitcase?

can anyone enlighten me with this one?any help will be much appreciated!

thanks everyone.
Kimmi

Do you mean to bring a copy of documents to show in Immigration just in case they ask?

LadyJ
26th November 2007, 15:13
You might need to bring all your original documents (B. certificate, ID etc.)ofcourse in case you will need them in the future ie. applying for bank account.

When you get to the Immigration at the UK airport, maybe or maybe not they ask to see your partners supporting documents but mostly they will just ask a couple of questions about you and your partner ie. how long you been in a relationship with your partner? and/or what is your partner current location?

and be aware aswell for the TB testing at the UK airport , a current certificate or result of your TB test is good enough or else just have a go to their free test.

kimmi
26th November 2007, 15:22
thank u LadyJ, i will just put all my fiance's supporting documents in my suitcase..:)

vbkelly
26th November 2007, 16:56
thank u LadyJ, i will just put all my fiance's supporting documents in my suitcase..:)

hi kimmi you don't need to bring all of that but if you want to keep it you can but you need to keep all of that,that are very important documents and to avoid an identity theft...have a safe journey kimmi

silver13
26th November 2007, 18:25
I agree with LadyJ, when you reach immigration in the UK they have the right to re-check ur application. They ultimately have the right to accept or deny ur entry into the UK, therefore it is advisable to carry all of the documents that used in ur application and also for your future reference.

In my experienced, they asked me to show my fiance's supporting letter only but in my visit visa, they asked to see all my documentation so it is just a luck of the draw as to what they might ask for.

Goodluck and have a safe journey!

andypaul
26th November 2007, 21:28
Lady J and Silver 13 have written all i would say, I have seen people in the passport queue being asked to show extra docs but very rarely, you would not need your yahoo chat history but Id and the like you will need just in case and also need like Lady j says for bank account opening and other such things once in bonnie scotland.

Be careful puting id docs in your suitcase in the hold try and keep them with you if possible as you don't want your id going missing if the suitcase stolen or lost.

Id theft is a big problem in the UK just asked Chuck.

Im sure you will not need the ID but better to have just in case.

Also make sure chuck has his passport and some other proof of address again just in case required. Unlikely to need but just in case.

aromulus
26th November 2007, 23:00
I don't know if it helps...

When Jet arrived at the UK immigration desk at Manchester Airport, she only presented her Passport with the EU Family Permit (Visa) and the marriage certificate, and although the other stuff was close at hand, ie xray, etc... Nothing else was asked for.

The officer did ask her about my whereabouts, probably meaning my home address... But she cheekily, or mistakenly, answered that I was waiting for her outside in the lounge.... :icon_lol:

So she was waved on....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bring YOUR documents and marriage certificate in your hand baggage.... Anything else will be superfluous...
In my view.

Good luck and welcome to the UK. :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Tiggers0608
26th November 2007, 23:40
hi sis kimmi,

i think its better to bring valuable documents within reach as for immigration purposes coz you dont know what paper's their going to ask you to show them lol (oh you know what i mean hehehe)

i think you better smile like your smile when you had your interview with the ECO ... (kimmi's winning smile) ....

at phil airport they might ask for your CFO cert and sticker and passport and of course your visa :BouncyHappy:

good luck sis and have a safetrip

kimmi
27th November 2007, 02:06
hi everyone,

thank u for all the advices u have given me..I guess it would be better for me to carry those documents(aside of course with our yahoo chat logas and emails) in my hand carry rather than in my suitcase so in case the UK immigration ask me for any documents I have it handy..

thank u so much, I do appreciated it very very much..:)

joyce
27th November 2007, 08:51
My friend had told me also to carry all the important documents, and have some pictures incase the immigration officer will ask it.
Have a safe trip Kimmi....:BouncyHappy:

aug06_2006
27th November 2007, 12:27
Hi Kim, kumusta na po kayo? You know, in my experienced i brough all the documents through hand carry just incase if immigration will check.
Ok, have a safe journey and enjoy!

kimmi
27th November 2007, 12:33
hi Liza,

I miss u na..how are u na? I am ok and yes I guess it would be better if I brought all my documents in my hand carry of course less the chat logs and emails he he he

how's ur little prince is it still busy moving in ur tummy?when is ur due date?

take care always Sis..:)

love8888
27th November 2007, 21:47
Hi Kimmi,

just bring it with you just incase when you apply for NI(National Insurance) they ask me my birth certificate and also at least two letter from your any previous work as a reference when you apply for job.Bring it in your lugage not in hand carry. Von voyage

At the air port immigration they asked my medical exam result but I haven't any I was so lucky when I told I HK came from and had it there she believes me then they let me in. They nice and friendly at the air port cosidering I was at the last queu they call me first.

aug06_2006
28th November 2007, 15:20
Hello Kim, tnx me fine and u are correct my little prince always playing football inside my tummy hehehe! Mmmmm, my due date this coming Feb2008.

Kim, are u ready na to fly? so excited! Ok, good luck on ur flight!

kimmi
28th November 2007, 15:23
hi sis,

I am glad that ure ok..I am excited and nervous with my flight..he he he

GOD Bless and take care..:)

Peanutz
28th November 2007, 15:56
Just take it easy with your flight Kimmi, there are lot things you need to worry about when you finally get here...
Like the crappy weather?

Hope you have a safe flight and try to relax, everything will be alright!

joebloggs
28th November 2007, 17:02
Just take it easy with your flight Kimmi, there are lot things you need to worry about when you finally get here...
Like the crappy weather?

Hope you have a safe flight and try to relax, everything will be alright!

:yikes::omg::yikes: there's nothing wrong with the weather :D,
bit of cool weather to keep you awake,,, wow its just been raining cats and dogs for hours here and its just stopped :xxgrinning--00xx3:

greenbeltboy
28th November 2007, 20:18
Just came across this... (click the quote to read the entire thing)

When you arrive in the UK, an Immigration Officer may ask you questions, so take all relevant documents in your hand luggage. (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018696631238)

kimmi
29th November 2007, 03:02
thanks for the advise sis Peanutz, i am preparing myself now for the weather..he he he:)

Greenbelt, thanks for the quoted link, I do appreciate it..:)

greenbeltboy
29th November 2007, 11:18
You're welcome.

Durkhaima
29th November 2007, 11:34
I guess im lucky the immigration officer didnt ask me of any document because my husband was beside me as i entered the UK border. He just looked at my picture in my passport then at me then at the Visa stamped then at my husbands passport then off we go. Have a happy and safe trip.

IainBusby
29th November 2007, 14:15
I am preparing myself now for the weather..he he he:)

I had a look on the map for Strachur and I think you'll need a few layers of thermals up there. It's way out in the wilds where only the sheep and the haggis survive.

Iain.

:xxanimal-smiley-085::cwm34::peepwall::36_1_26[1]::18::Kilt::xxanimal-smiley-085:36_1_26[1]::18:

aromulus
29th November 2007, 15:42
where only the haggis survive.

Iain.

:xxanimal-smiley-085::cwm34::peepwall::36_1_26[1]::18::Kilt::xxanimal-smiley-085:36_1_26[1]::18:

Fast wee buggers to catch.... Huh...???

I remember a few years back, some yanks paid top dollar for being "invited" to a haggis shoot..... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

andypaul
29th November 2007, 20:31
I guess im lucky the immigration officer didnt ask me of any document because my husband was beside me as i entered the UK border. He just looked at my picture in my passport then at me then at the Visa stamped then at my husbands passport then off we go. Have a happy and safe trip.

Most do but like all people they have their good days and bad days, seen a few a bit stroppy as i pass though over the years.