PDA

View Full Version : chids visa application

john sergison
27th November 2007, 12:20
hello all,

advice please from anyone who has already done this.

my wife is here in uk 6 months into her FLR and working.

we now want to bring her 10 year old child to join us to become a family

i think i am correct to use the new VAF4 visa form.

now when filling this form in for the child who should be the sponsor , my wife? me because i earn more than her? or both of us?, as our bills and bank accounts are all joint names.

it seems that a lot of this form will not apply as she is a child.

advice please
regards john and alona

joebloggs
27th November 2007, 14:36
oh the form has changed alot since i've filled it in 3 years ago, if i remember rightly it is the settlement form VAF4 that i used, and i'm pretty certain, i sponsored my daughter and stepson, thou i think we wrote a cover letter stating that my wife would co-sponsor the app, and i mentioned my wife was working, her pay, contract etc..

good luck.

LadyJ
27th November 2007, 21:11
Joe is right! You should be the main sponsor and your wife is the co-sponsor.

Both you and wife must provide evidences that you both can support the child, showing your job details, earnings, and accomodation available for the child, etc.. It was like all the supporting documents your wife's showed to the embassy when she applied for a visa.

Utility bills, bank statements, etc. under your both names are perfect!

LadyJ
27th November 2007, 21:13
Oh look Joe!!! another person lives in Mancland.

:xxparty-smiley-004:

joebloggs
28th November 2007, 00:50
well someone has to guard the wall :peepwall::NEW4:

to keep the scousers out of manc land :D

oh i also wrote in the letter of support, some waffle about when my wife applied for her spouse visa, that i mentioned that when she was settled, and her son had finished high school we would be applying for a settlement visa for him to, as there could be a small risk that the embassy might refuse my stepsons app on the grounds of 'sole responsibilty', like who's been looking after him for the last 2 years :icon_lol:, but i can't remember if i did write about my stepson joining us on her settlement visa app:D

good luck thou..

john sergison
28th November 2007, 18:59
thanks for the info

by the way joe , i am a scouser living in mancland, u didnt do the foudations of the wall deep enough cos i dug a tunnel underneath