PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessments

Dedworth
13th May 2015, 19:11
A friend of mine works for a large multinational mining conglomorate and they are relocating from London to Reading .

The clowns who are paid thousands to write these documents have mentioned "unfamiliar offices" and "unfamiliar roads"

You couldn't make it up

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif

grahamw48
13th May 2015, 22:02
I have to do them for every (insulation) job I survey. Pain in the butt...and more full of nonsense every year. :NoNo:

Slip
14th May 2015, 05:30
An ex of mine did these for BP, she had to go around hotels if they had guests staying there or a conference to be held there and do a risk assessment on the place. She said if any staircase didn't have handrails on both sides that would fail and they wouldn't use the place at all, that was just one example!

Terpe
14th May 2015, 15:21
I too was involved in risk assessment and management.
Most folks do it all the time in their daily lives without thinking.
It's an easy one to criticise, but we can't get by without it.
Organisations need to cover every single aspect, however meaningless it may seem, due mainly to the our now common social structure of punitive damages claims.
Quite rightly so in most cases

Dedworth
14th May 2015, 15:56
I too was involved in risk assessment and management.
Most folks do it all the time in their daily lives without thinking.
It's an easy one to criticise, but we can't get by without it.
Organisations need to cover every single aspect, however meaningless it may seem, due mainly to the our now common social structure of punitive damages claims.
Quite rightly so in most cases

What is wrong is that the legal system in allowing many spurious claims has spawned this bizarre risk assessment industry. The friend I quoted in post # 1 even has "Trip Hazard" signs on the office stairs - unbelievable when you think they're a big, butch mining company operating in some fairly unpleasant and hazardous places

grahamw48
14th May 2015, 16:15
It has got way out of control. :NoNo:

No such thing as common sense anymore...or operator stupidity for that matter.

Huge added costs...mostly feathering the nests of penpushers and parasites.