PDA

View Full Version : Forum Reputation

Ako Si Jamie
16th May 2015, 11:24
Why doesn't the members name appear automatically when rep is given out?

It's kinda annoying because I'd like to thank that member instead of giving out the impression I'm being rude by ignoring them. Anyway, whoever the anonymous member was

:68711_thanx:

Also, why does rep stop at 150? :cwm3::Erm:

les_taxi
16th May 2015, 12:25
Me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
16th May 2015, 12:49
Yes i have to ask the same question as Jamie why does rep stop at 150, there have been several occasions when i wanted to hand out a rep, only to find they already have 150, maybe it could be an idea to make this unlimited with Platinum, Super Stars handed out for every 100 reps attained over and above 150. This could encourage more members to comment and advise, though i am sure most of us are only to happy to do this anyway, its much nicer to receive advise from someone who has experience of having been there and done that. :biggrin:

stevewool
16th May 2015, 13:04
Easy peasy just write your name after you give the rep, jobs a good un :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
16th May 2015, 14:18
Rep doesn't stop at 150, that is just the rep power. Which is how many rep points you give someone. What people can receive is infinite. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

We don't publish the names, as people abuse it when giving neg rep.

grahamw48
16th May 2015, 14:18
I'm shy...so I normally just put 3 dots. :wink:

Arthur Little
16th May 2015, 14:54
Why doesn't the members name appear automatically when rep is given out?

Hmm :icon_rolleyes: ... I used to think it did, Jamie. However, over time, I've noticed you're not the first member to've asked this question. And from my observation, it seems you won't be the last.

If you check the word 'Settings' - 2nd right on the coloured bar running along the top of your page - then click it, it will reveal, on a green background, your 'Latest Reputation Received'; also (in brackets) the total number of points you've earned.

Directly underneath you will see the title of the relevant thread [with or without] the comment(s) of the person who awarded the rep ... to the right of which, should appear the username of the member of the person who gave you it. :smile:

It's kinda annoying because I'd like to thank that member instead of giving out the impression I'm being rude by ignoring them. Anyway, whoever the anonymous member was

:68711_thanx:

:gp: ... it is, indeed, common courtesy to thank the person who has been thoughtful enough to recognise another's efforts in this way. Maybe I'm being a bit over-sensitive, here. But I'm afraid it does rather irk me :angry: on those occasions when someone I've given rep to - or have spent ages trying to help - cannot be bothered to even acknowledge the fact, as has happened to me [twice] in the past couple of days.

raynaputi
16th May 2015, 15:01
Arthur, you can see names on your Reps because you are a moderator. Regular members here won't unless the one who gave them the reps indicated their names in their rep comments.

grahamw48
16th May 2015, 15:02
Oh, I've never noticed that username of rep 'giver' Arthur.

edit !

Thanks Rayna...that's why. lol

Ako Si Jamie
16th May 2015, 15:10
We don't publish the names, as people abuse it when giving neg rep.In nearly five years on here I've never given out neg rep.

Ako Si Jamie
16th May 2015, 15:17
:gp: ... it is, indeed, common courtesy to thank the person who has been thoughtful enough to recognise another's efforts in this way. Maybe I'm being a bit over-sensitive, here. But I'm afraid it does rather irk me :angry: on those occasions when someone I've given rep to - or have spent ages trying to help - cannot be bothered to even acknowledge the fact ... as has happened to me [twice] in the past couple of days.That's happened to me on here a couple of times plus when I used to go on Trip Advisor and help people with organising their schedule for their journeys around the Phils. Some people have no manners. :mad:

grahamw48
16th May 2015, 15:31
Ok...looking for some rep here...:biggrin:

Looking for a cheap flight ?

Go to Etihad.com, book your departure from UK on a Tuesday, and enter promo code FLYTUES11.

Then you can pay £446.50 (or less) for your return ticket to Manila, as I did this morning. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
16th May 2015, 15:41
Arthur, you can see names on your Reps *because you are a moderator. Regular members here won't unless the one who gave them the reps indicated their names in their rep comments.

Aha ... I did wonder about *that ... thanks for confirming :xxgrinning--00xx3: it. Normally I make a practice of putting my name after the reps I've handed out ... so, in the event, there shouldn't really be an excuse for any of them remaining unacknowledged as a result. :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
16th May 2015, 15:51

Go to Etihad.com, book your departure from UK on a Tuesday, and enter promo code FLYTUES11.

Then you can pay £446.50 (or less) for your return ticket to Manila, as I did this morning. :xxgrinning--00xx3:Had a quick look for November but can't find anything as yet which mirrors the kind of price you got - but here's some rep for your cheek. :biggrin:

grahamw48
16th May 2015, 16:21
Had a quick look for November but can't find anything as yet which mirrors the kind of price you got - but here's some rep for your cheek. :biggrin:

Thanks mate.

Seriously, it does work, and is a 30% discount.

It must be a Tuesday...the flight out. Doesn't matter the day you return. ...as long as there is a date ( a Friday in my case)Then enter the promo code.

You will then be taken to a page to select your actual flight out that day, and time. Select that (about £260).
Scroll down then to select the return part of your journey (£156-£182). Your total is on the right.
Choose your seats...then pay.

KeithD
16th May 2015, 16:36

Then you can pay £446.50 (or less) for your return ticket to Manila, as I did this morning. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Same price whether I use the code or not? :Erm:

grahamw48
16th May 2015, 16:42
Same price whether I use the code or not? :Erm:

What £446 ?

I have the e-ticket , paid for at that price.

Just trying to help people out here.

KeithD
16th May 2015, 16:44
Just says invalid code all the time now. Same problem with FLYWED01 for Wednesdays.

KeithD
16th May 2015, 16:46
Only works up to September. :smile:

grahamw48
16th May 2015, 16:47
You have either entered day or code wrong.

Try again.

I bought and paid for my ticket 3 hours ago...and have been sent the e-ticket.
Loads of seats left on the plane too.

Sept 1 to Oct 2....my trip.

KeithD
16th May 2015, 16:57
Sept £394 Man-MNL