PDA

View Full Version : Japanese deported after 16 years in BI custody

raynaputi
23rd May 2015, 16:31
MANILA, Philippines - After 16 years of being incarcerated, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) finally sent home its longest staying detainee – a 47-year-old Japanese man.

Read more: http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2015/05/23/1457777/japanese-deported-after-16-years-bi-custody

:omg::cwm25:

Tawi2
23rd May 2015, 16:44
Mr Mison and the BI have shady reputations,i know a guy,british,who this july or august will have been enjoying their hospitality for 2 years,he isnt exactly skint so maybe its in their best interests to hang onto him for as long as possible :NoNo:

grahamw48
23rd May 2015, 20:51
This when the Phils can become a very scary place and the 'paradise' beaches soon forgotten...as well as you and your money in the bank, once you stand accused of one of the many crimes classed as non-bailable offences. :NoNo:

Terpe
24th May 2015, 01:39
Mr Mison and the BI have shady reputations,i know a guy,british,who this july or august will have been enjoying their hospitality for 2 years,he isnt exactly skint so maybe its in their best interests to hang onto him for as long as possible :NoNo:

Like the Japanese man, your acquaintance may well be even more shady :wink:

Terpe
24th May 2015, 01:39

Like the Japanese man, your acquaintance may well be even more shady :wink:

London_Manila
24th May 2015, 02:06
They just leave people rotting in their squalid jails for years :NoNo:

Terpe
24th May 2015, 07:16
They just leave people rotting in their squalid jails for years :NoNo:

In stark contrast to the UK where prisons and prisoners are taken care of so much better than most residents in UK care homes.
IMO

Michael Parnham
24th May 2015, 07:31
In stark contrast to the UK where prisons and prisoners are taken care of so much better than most residents in UK care homes.
IMO

Good point! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
24th May 2015, 10:04
IMO

That's true. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
24th May 2015, 18:30
IMO

Having served over 14 years (March 1975~April 1989) as Records Officer for Social Services at Perth Prison - and regularly visited my elderly mother in law (who spent an even longer period in residential care) - :iagree:, Peter ... your assessment is pretty much an accurate one for the "inmates" of each of these two [supposedly very different] forms of institution. :doh

Ako Si Jamie
24th May 2015, 22:55
IMOYup. I suppose if you shout the loudest you get more attention and that's what the lags do. Not right though.

Arthur Little
24th May 2015, 23:19
Comical - but sad too -I once witnessed a near "punch~up" :xxsport-smiley-002: between a couple of old biddies :oldlady::oldlady: in a care home (NOT the one my mother-in-law was in though) ... and it wasn't a pretty sight really, if I'm being honest. :NoNo: