PDA

View Full Version : A weekend of spending my cash

stevewool
24th May 2015, 10:57
Well i would not go as far as spending lots of cash but my wallet did open a few times,
First it was a treat for me and Ems to go to Cosmos for dinner just the two of us that was nice, but hold on a minute Ems had a free person eating ticket, :xxgrinning--00xx3:, i shall pay for this Ems :biggrin:
The next was my new phone, see other thread.
Then i needed some new jeans, in and out of many shops but just could not make my mind up, now i am not into names at all, jeans to me are blue thats it, try these on Steve they are Levis, i am not paying that, but they are 50% off, ok then,
Into the changing room i went 3 pairs, different sizes and guess what none fit me at all, i am not going up a size i thought and walked out,

Looks like i better get to Jacamo for the larger gent, :yikes::yikes:, in i went found a couple of pairs and what a nice fit too and yes the same size as the Levis that would not fit me too, and the price £25,

But i have not finished yet my son works here and if he buys these on line i can get them for £7, :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:, to me they are blue and they are jeans, take the label off and you would not tell the difference, ok some may ,
Finish the day off with a nice mango milk shake, jobs a good un :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
24th May 2015, 11:24
£25 for a pair of jeans!

Glad you got them discounted for £7

Don't think I have ever paid more than £15 for a pair, like you they just have to be blue. I care little for labels.

I do think I need to go up a size soon, since Harlene has been here I have been piling on the pounds, good old homecooking and lots of takeouts too! I think I may need to take up running again, I am fast creeping up to the weight I was in 2010 before I started to run.... :icon_lol:

Dedworth
24th May 2015, 11:58
£25 for a pair of jeans!

Glad you got them discounted for £7

Don't think I have ever paid more than £15 for a pair, like you they just have to be blue. I care little for labels.

I do think I need to go up a size soon, since Harlene has been here I have been piling on the pounds, good old homecooking and lots of takeouts too! I think I may need to take up running again, I am fast creeping up to the weight I was in 2010 before I started to run.... :icon_lol:

Picked up 2 pairs for a tenner last month

http://direct.asda.com/george/mens/mens-jeans/straight-cut-dark-wash-jeans/G004650389,default,pd.html

Tawi2
24th May 2015, 12:01
Decent denim is a must,never mind the price,feel the quality :cwm25:

stevewool
24th May 2015, 12:19
Decent denim is a must,never mind the price,feel the quality :cwm25:

your wrong, its whats inside that matters:biggrin:

imagine
24th May 2015, 12:22
never mind the quality,,,, feel the width :icon_lol:

Tawi2
24th May 2015, 12:22
Nope,individual choice,but decent denim fits better,looks better,clothes maketh the man :icon_lol:

stevewool
24th May 2015, 12:39
Denim dont maketh the man but i agree individual choice we all have

imagine
24th May 2015, 12:53
at one point when younger i only bought levi and wrangler,

they are not always the same quality as used to be, and can be very high priced, i once paid £100 for a pair of black wranglers, i still have them 20 yrs on,

but you know, i have often found jeans that have been equal quality of none branded jeans

Tawi2
24th May 2015, 13:35
at one point when younger i only bought levi and wrangler,

they are not always the same quality as used to be, and can be very high priced, i once paid £100 for a pair of black wranglers, i still have them 20 yrs on,

but you know, i have often found jeans that have been equal quality of none branded jeans
My son paid £220 for a pair of true religion 3 years ago,i paid £6 for a rip off pair in cambodia earlier this year,my pair had to be thrown out after a few washes,his pair are still perfect :smile:

KeithD
24th May 2015, 13:37
You know you have problems when the only jeans that will fit are the elasticated ones. :biggrin:

raynaputi
24th May 2015, 13:49
My son paid £220 for a pair of true religion 3 years ago,i paid £6 for a rip off pair in cambodia earlier this year,my pair had to be thrown out after a few washes,his pair are still perfect :smile:

Keith's Wrangler jeans he bought 2 years ago still looks new. I always call it his new jeans..haha :icon_lol:

Tawi2
24th May 2015, 14:57
You remember the advert,Wrangler jeans...................................The jeans to be seen in :wink: Who would have thought that when young levi strauss made his first pair of hard wearing work trousers to pan for gold in he would spawn a fashion item thats still going strong.

Michael Parnham
24th May 2015, 17:39
I'm still wearing Wranglers that I bought almost ten years ago, in fact I only buy any clothes when present ones wear out. The only things I buy every 2 or 3 years are my walking boots they cost roughly £70 to £90 but they do very high mileage, the last shoes I bought was a pair of Clarks in 2002 at Wakefield and they are almost like new still!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
24th May 2015, 20:36
Oh ... I've been fond of clothes for almost as long as I can remember. But to me, jeans are for garden wear - and definitely NOT for 'dressy' purposes. Yes, I do, in fact, have several pairs - mainly bought from Tesco for under a fiver - there's NO WAY I'd fork out a lot of cash for coarse denim material best "suited" to tattie howkin'! :wink:

Michael Parnham
25th May 2015, 12:02
Oh ... I've been fond of clothes for almost as long as I can remember. But to me, jeans are for garden wear - and definitely NOT for 'dressy' purposes. Yes, I do, in fact, have several pairs - mainly bought from Tesco for under a fiver - there's NO WAY I'd fork out a lot of cash for coarse denim material best "suited" to tattie howkin'! :wink:

Only ever bought one suit since the age of seventeen Arthur, I bought it for £60 over twenty years ago, only had it on once at someone's wedding for 1 hour, never seen it since!:Erm:

raynaputi
25th May 2015, 12:18
Keith doesn't even have a suit! :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
25th May 2015, 12:51
Keith doesn't even have a suit! :icon_lol::icon_lol: Neither do I.

raynaputi
25th May 2015, 13:45
:icon_lol: Neither do I.

On our wedding day, this is what he wore. :icon_lol: That black pants he's wearing, that was actually a black Wrangler jeans! :biggrin:

http://filipinaroses.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9438&stc=1

stevewool
25th May 2015, 14:21
On our wedding day, this is what he wore. :icon_lol: That black pants he's wearing, that was actually a black Wrangler jeans! :biggrin:

http://filipinaroses.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9438&stc=1

Is he making a smile in the picture Rayna?

raynaputi
25th May 2015, 14:27
Is he making a smile in the picture Rayna?

Yes! one of the very few photos he is smiling or probably smirking haha :icon_lol:. My siblings have been telling him to smile more instead of looking grumpy in the photos. :biggrin:

stevewool
25th May 2015, 14:30
I must admit i did not smile much at all, but since being with Ems i smile all the time :biggrin::biggrin:

stevewool
31st May 2015, 14:56
Well would you believe it, Levis 501 brand new i have a pair now,
Best of all they did not cost me anything, my brother has just given me his :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
31st May 2015, 15:46
Just bought a pair of jeans in primark the other day for £9, I like them, but Harlene says you can see my 'Buto' bulging as they are tight in that area!

I said nobody other than her will be looking there!

cheekee
2nd June 2015, 11:58
I'm always ruining my jeans getting holes in the knees because I like to work kneeling when on the floor.

I found a great make called scruffs. They have reinforced denim at the knees and are reasonable prices and look pretty good as well. I then keep my Levi's and good jeans for going out.