PDA

View Full Version : A world without tobacco

raynaputi
31st May 2015, 17:32
INFOGRAPHIC: Imagining a world with no tobacco

The fight against tobacco continues as the world celebrates World No Tobacco Day 2014 on Saturday, May 31

Read more: http://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/59338-infographic-world-no-tobacco-day-2014

grahamw48
31st May 2015, 18:10
Coming up to one year as a non-smoker for me.:Jump:

raynaputi
31st May 2015, 18:32
Looks like I posted a link from last year! :doh Looks like Rappler reposted it on their feed. Anyway, thanks to Jamie for noticing it and giving me a new article! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://mb.com.ph/ph-joins-world-no-tobacco-day-affirms-support-to-stop-illegal-tobacco-trade/

Trefor
31st May 2015, 19:03
Good to see the taxes going up.

Michael Parnham
31st May 2015, 19:30

Well done Graham, I will be well pleased to have a world without tobacco :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
31st May 2015, 19:34

I'm in my fifteenth :wink:

grahamw48
31st May 2015, 21:30
Well done Dedworth. Think of all those 1,000s you've saved. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I prefer not to think of all the cash I've set light to :cwm25:....but never too late, eh. :smile:

Now I scoff digestive biscuits instead...and burn them off on my bike. :biggrin:

Arthur Little
31st May 2015, 22:11
I will be well pleased to have a world without tobacco :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_sorry:, Michael ... as a seasoned - albeit moderate - pipesmoker, the prospect of total abstinence from tobacco :cwm24: appals me, I'm afraid!

Whereas, alcohol ... :anerikke: ... I can happily manage without.

Arthur Little
31st May 2015, 22:51
Well done Dedworth. Think of all those 1,000s you've saved. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I prefer not to think of all the cash I've set light to :cwm25:....but never too late, eh. :smile:

Now I scoff digestive biscuits instead...and burn them off on my bike. :biggrin:

:smile: Funnily enough, :icon_rolleyes: ... I often get the urge to smoke after eating digestives. :biggrin:

jonnijon
31st May 2015, 23:12
Smoking since I was 9 years old, still going strong :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
1st June 2015, 00:06
Good to see the taxes going up.

DISAGREE there ... nobody likes to see taxes of ANY kind go up.

Nowadays it is MAINLY the poorer members of society who smoke - it's one of their [very] few pleasures and helps them cope!

Take that away from them by pricing tobacco products beyond their reach, and what are they left with? :poke: ... action of this sort can only exacerbate their unfortunate station in life and cause them added misery.

grahamw48
1st June 2015, 00:24
I don't think there are many poor folks where I live that actually pay any taxes on their tobacco products...fresh from Calais. :cwm25:

London_Manila
1st June 2015, 03:20
I went down the electric cigarette route a few years back and now I actually prefer it :smile:
Much more cleaner and very cheap also
In the Phills i have noticed the cigarette prices rising steadily

Michael Parnham
1st June 2015, 06:23
:icon_sorry:, Michael ... as a seasoned - albeit moderate - pipesmoker, the prospect of total abstinence from tobacco :cwm24: appals me, I'm afraid!

Whereas, alcohol ... :anerikke: ... I can happily manage without.

I would rather see a gentleman smoking a pipe rather than cigarettes, they seem to appear more affluent, I'm on my 24th year of none smoking! :xxgrinning--00xx3: