PDA

View Full Version : Approved Referees for British Citizenship Application

New Shoes
3rd June 2015, 19:33
Can anyone give me a link to the current list of professional occupations required regarding referees/references needed to sign the British Citizenship application form?

I'm assuming that 'Dentist' is still on the list??

Many thanks,
NS

raynaputi
3rd June 2015, 21:29
Here's the list:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/421217/Chapter_6_A_Referees_-_list_of_acceptable_professional_persons.pdf

New Shoes
3rd June 2015, 21:52
Many thanks for the link, that's great!
Still, we're having to think really hard who fits into the categories and who have also known my wife personally for three years….

Thanks again, much appreciated

Michael Parnham
4th June 2015, 07:18
We just managed to get a second referee yesterday, the thing we found difficult was finding someone who knew my wife for at least three years who was in a professional position, with regard to Doctors they only remain at our surgery for approx six months or a year at most, in the end we got our landlord and also the lady who is a director of the estate agent that we rent our property with to act as referees! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

New Shoes
4th June 2015, 08:17
Yes, I agree. The three years stipulation is not quite as easy as first it appears...:Erm:

Michael Parnham
17th June 2015, 17:16
Been to Checking service today, Citizenship Application in the post at last! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
17th June 2015, 17:22
Been to Checking service today, Citizenship Application in the post at last!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nearly done Michael - shouldn't be long now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
17th June 2015, 17:30
Nearly done Michael - shouldn't be long now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes Ded, I'll be glad when it's all over!

Michael Parnham
17th June 2015, 17:36
For those doing Citizenship Application you'll find if you've done IELTS English test that there is no reference number on your Certificate so leave the section asking for IELTS ref number blank, according to Checking Service it will be fine! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

New Shoes
18th June 2015, 12:54
For those doing Citizenship Application you'll find if you've done IELTS English test that there is no reference number on your Certificate so leave the section asking for IELTS ref number blank, according to Checking Service it will be fine! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for the heads up! Just about to apply............

Michael Parnham
18th June 2015, 13:19
Thanks for the heads up! Just about to apply............

You're welcome and good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th June 2015, 14:28
Gentlemen ... I would just like to take the opportunity to wish each of your respective wives ALL THE BEST in this - the final stage - of their immigration journey. :biggrin:

Godspeed! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
18th June 2015, 15:19

Thanks for this Michael. Although in the AN form, if the applicant's test was taken before 6 April 2015, the choices for the test providers are just the ones below.

http://filipinaroses.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9453&stc=1

I took my test in IDP Philippines last 2011 (which is still one of the 2 approved test centres in the Philippines). How can I put that in the form? Below is what it says on my test result.

http://filipinaroses.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9455&stc=1

I hope someone can clarify this to me.