PDA

View Full Version : My Beautiful Ems

stevewool
10th June 2015, 07:20
We are off to Rome its one of the things on Ems wish list,
The history, the Colosseum, throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain, the Forum and of course the Vatican itself, to see the Pope on the Sunday morning is a dream for many,
But whats on Ems mind, the Louis Vuitton shop, can we go there my Steve, well i did not have to say it in Italian or English i think the look gave it away :cwm23:,
I know we men are strong and have our own way, but i am sure i will be walking down the road in maybe even walking into that shop over the next few days :Erm: anything for a happy life

Michael Parnham
10th June 2015, 12:37
We are off to Rome its one of the things on Ems wish list,
The history, the Colosseum, throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain, the Forum and of course the Vatican itself, to see the Pope on the Sunday morning is a dream for many,
But whats on Ems mind, the Louis Vuitton shop, can we go there my Steve, well i did not have to say it in Italian or English i think the look gave it away :cwm23:,
I know we men are strong and have our own way, but i am sure i will be walking down the road in maybe even walking into that shop over the next few days :Erm: anything for a happy life

Maritess' middle name is 'Can I Have' but I must admit it's never shoes or handbags! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
10th June 2015, 12:48
Steer well clear mate :yikes:

1 bag will cost more than the price of the holiday, mate of mine bought his Mrs one for her birthday and I don't think he got any change out of £1500 :cwm25:

Michael Parnham
10th June 2015, 13:47

1 bag will cost more than the price of the holiday, mate of mine bought his Mrs one for her birthday and I don't think he got any change out of £1500 :cwm25:

What an absolute waste of money, no brain at all! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
10th June 2015, 14:28
What an absolute waste of money, no brain at all! :NoNo:

Yep, :iagree: ... a lot more money :REGamblMoney01HL1: than sense. :NoNo:

Terpe
10th June 2015, 14:38
When in Rome buy Gucci :biggrin:

raynaputi
10th June 2015, 15:18
My sis bought an LV bag in Singapore last month. It cost her 1960SGD...that's 950GBP and our flight tickets already!!! :omg: Oh well, that's her money. :anerikke:

Dedworth
10th June 2015, 16:18

He must have MUG or SUCKER tattooed on his forehead :biggrin:

Trefor
10th June 2015, 17:25
My theory is that if she pays with her money then that is her choice. LV and the major brands of handbag are the same to women as expensive watches which men covet. Easy to spend thousands on a mid-market expensive watch such as a Tag Heuer, never mind something really exclusive. Makes posh handbags look cheap!

(I never wear a watch btw).

stevewool
10th June 2015, 19:46
Wow, steady on boys and girls, Ems is worth her weight in gold and i bet all our partners are worth that amount too, if you earn it and save it well its down to each of us to have what we would like, take my camera, i love it and maybe adding everything up its worth a few thousand pounds.

Anyway, this fool bought her the bag for Xmas :biggrin:

Arthur Little
10th June 2015, 20:04
... expensive watches which men *covet. Easy to spend thousands on a mid-market expensive watch such as a Tag Heuer

*NOT me! :nono-1-1: ... easier still to "watch" my wallet! :icon_lol:

SimonH
10th June 2015, 20:26
Wow, steady on boys and girls, Ems is worth her weight in gold and i bet all our partners are worth that amount too, if you earn it and save it well its down to each of us to have what we would like, take my camera, i love it and maybe adding everything up its worth a few thousand pounds.

Anyway, this fool bought her the bag for Xmas :biggrin:

Good for you Steve :smile: I bought Shey a Michael Kors bag for her birthday as that's what she wanted.
She doesn't question my watches and I don't question her bags :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
10th June 2015, 22:59
I used to get paid for buying Louis Vuitton bags in Hong Kong, once upon a time. 15% commission from everything I spent, out of the money (thousands) given to me. 6 shops there.

Funny old world. :smile:

stevewool
11th June 2015, 06:55
Thanks for the rep Simon, we try to do the best for our partners, because we know they do the best for us all the time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
11th June 2015, 11:52
... they do the best for us all the time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yep, they do, indeed, Steve ... :iagree:!

Ako Si Jamie
11th June 2015, 23:19
For the average guy spending that much on just a handbag for your loved one is unnecessary in my opinion. Plenty of other ways to show one's love & appreciation without breaking the bank.

Michael Parnham
12th June 2015, 07:30
For the average guy spending that much on just a handbag for your loved one is unnecessary in my opinion. Plenty of other ways to show one's love & appreciation without breaking the bank.

Such as :do_it:, no offence meant but couldn't resist it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
15th June 2015, 17:26
LV is very exclusive and should be bought in Paris !!
Rome? get Gucci and Prada instead :xxgrinning--00xx3:
and when in Rome beware of cheap fake copies , my workmate's purchased loads of Channel etc , all fake lols!! well, they are happy and that is all that matters !! :biggrin:

Arthur Little
15th June 2015, 17:56
LV is very exclusive and should be bought in Paris !!
Rome? get Gucci and Prada instead :xxgrinning--00xx3:
and when in Rome beware of cheap fake copies, my workmate's purchased loads of Channel etc , all fake lols!! well, they are happy and that is all that matters !!:biggrin:

:biggrin: ... cheaper just going to the likes of PRIMARK!

Suits us fine. :wink: And, of course, there's a branch in most UK cities.

sars_notd_virus
15th June 2015, 18:17

Suits us fine. :wink: And, of course, there's a branch in most UK cities.

I never own a Primark Bag sir Art,..All my bags are just gifts for me!! branded or not, I LOve 'em all hahaha xx
I think I am one of those few females who Loves shoes more than bags , I would never go for a second best footwear and will never ever :Rasp:

Ako Si Jamie
15th June 2015, 21:26

Suits us fine. :wink: And, of course, there's a branch in most UK cities.A Tesco carrier bag is even cheaper. It's free. :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
15th June 2015, 21:27
Such as :do_it:, no offence meant but couldn't resist it :xxgrinning--00xx3:That's one option. :wink:

grahamw48
15th June 2015, 22:30
A Tesco carrier bag is even cheaper. It's free. :biggrin:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:...and you can use them for bin-liners. :biggrin:

grahamw48
15th June 2015, 22:33
I've lost track of the number of real £1000-£1500 LV bags I've bought from their shops in Hong Kong...not to mention the £200 key fobs and £300 wallets. Don't like the designs, but you can't beat that nice smell of real leather. :smile:

raynaputi
15th June 2015, 23:57
I think I am one of those few females who Loves shoes more than bags , I would never go for a second best footwear and will never ever :Rasp:

Same here! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Although I'd take any shoes that I like even if it cost £5! You can't say no to a bargain! I've ran out of shoe racks to be honest! :icon_lol:

Rosie1958
16th June 2015, 00:06
Designer handbags are a huge passion of mine too and I have loads ........ Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Gianni Versace, Michael Kors to name but a few. Most with matching purses and I also have several LV key fobs. My very first LV bag was purchased in Louis Vuitton, Kowloon in 2003 and was around £650, the strap was an additional £80 and I've also bought the rest myself apart from one LV bag which my brother purchased in Singapore for my 50th birthday. More money than sense? I don't think so! I work really hard, don't smoke or drink and like to treat myself on the very odd occasion. I've got a great handbag collection which I can pass on, or sell if I ever feel the need and I use them regularly :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve, I'm sending you a rep for indulging your lovely wife in her passion and what makes her happy! As you said, she deserves it and every time she uses that bag, she'll think of you and your generosity ......... well done!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::heartshape1::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
16th June 2015, 00:32
LV Kowloon.

That would be at the Peninsula Hotel ?

I've shopped in that one a few times. Only lived about three hundred yards from it at one time too. :smile:

Arthur Little
16th June 2015, 02:02
A Tesco carrier bag is even cheaper. It's free. :biggrin:

Not so sure any more since they introduced this 5p charge for each of their pitifully thin carrier bags. Soon mounts up when you're buying a lot of groceries at a time. :wink:

Mind you, all stores charge for theirs ... seeing as it's a mandatory requirement nowadays. Fine, though, if it discourages people using them - thereby leaving less litter blowing around in the wind following their [often] careless disposal. Besides ... :anerikke: ... we seldom need them as we tend to use a shopping trolley for bulky purchases.

Michael Parnham
16th June 2015, 05:49
I've lost track of the number of real £1000-£1500 LV bags I've bought from their shops in Hong Kong...not to mention the £200 key fobs and £300 wallets. Don't like the designs, but you can't beat that nice smell of real leather. :smile:
Kipling bags are leather, smell just as nice! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
16th June 2015, 10:34
Not so sure any more since they introduced this 5p charge for each of their pitifully thin carrier bags. Soon mounts up when you're buying a lot of groceries at a time. :wink:

Mind you, all stores charge for theirs ... seeing as it's a mandatory requirement nowadays. Fine, though, if it discourages people using them - thereby leaving less litter blowing around in the wind following their [often] careless disposal. Besides ... :anerikke: ... we seldom need them as we tend to use a shopping trolley for bulky purchases.

Not getting charged yet in England, only at Aldi & Lidl! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
16th June 2015, 11:21
Not getting charged yet in England, only at Aldi & Lidl! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ah ... as an afterthought, :icon_rolleyes: I wondered if that might be the case, Michael. Aldi & Lidl have always charged for theirs of course, since this is evidently ... :anerikke: ... the practice in Germany.

Terpe
16th June 2015, 16:22
We always worked hard to be able to choose how to spend our money. Everyone has different ideas and different passions. No right no wrong. Choice.

Can't understand why anyone wants to tell me how best to spend my money. :NoNo:

Top man Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
16th June 2015, 18:19
Thanks Rosie