PDA

View Full Version : Need help in applying for British Citizenship

Chienalooh
28th June 2015, 18:45
Hiya I'm new in this site... I'm sending my application on Tuesday.. Wish me luck. I've got a question as well on the referees... Just checked the AN booklet ..it says that only if you're living abroad and you don't know anyone British that you need to have someone who can verify that they've known you for 3 years.

But in the application form.. it says they need to have known you personally for 3 years... Which is which??

Michael Parnham
29th June 2015, 08:13
Hiya I'm new in this site... I'm sending my application on Tuesday.. Wish me luck. I've got a question as well on the referees... Just checked the AN booklet ..it says that only if you're living abroad and you don't know anyone British that you need to have someone who can verify that they've known you for 3 years.

But in the application form.. it says they need to have known you personally for 3 years... Which is which??

We sent my wife's application a week last Thursday, and we had a problem with this question also, what we did because we don't know anyone personally for three years or more, we just got our landlord to fill in part 1 and the manager of the housing agency that we dealt with to fill in part 2. Don't know what the outcome will be but had very limited choice really. Anyway good luck with your application and all the best for the future :xxgrinning--00xx3: