PDA

View Full Version : Arriving in the UK

rhosalie
7th July 2015, 13:21
I just arrived last Friday under spouse visa, my question is what are the things we need to do or obtain after arriving here.. We are caught at the middle on changing the new rule about the BRP, we applied the visa just before the new rule of the BRP take effect and received the visa when the new rule has been implemented. What we should do now? do I need to apply for my BRP now? Thank you!

Dedworth
7th July 2015, 13:34
what are the things we need to do or obtain after arriving here

Welcome to the UK - I can't help with the nitty gritty of immigration stuff but buy a rice cooker from Argos :wink:

marksroomspain
7th July 2015, 23:25
I just arrived last Friday under spouse visa, my question is what are the things we need to do or obtain after arriving here.. We are caught at the middle on changing the new rule about the BRP, we applied the visa just before the new rule of the BRP take effect and received the visa when the new rule has been implemented. What we should do now? do I need to apply for my BRP now? Thank you!

Hiya Rhosalie and welcome to the UK...

If you have the vignette visa ie the paper sticker in your passport then that is fine until your next FLR (M) in 30 months time, just check expiry date on visa the new type only have 30 days for you to get a brp card the older ones which I believe in your case should have an expiry around 30 months from now and if that's the case no worries.

Definitely register with dentist, doctor and also get yourself a national insurance number from the local jobcentre and also get your name on documents like council tax, utility bills, rent agreements etc, for future use for next visa in 30 months as evidence of cohabitation.

Sure others will be around with more info on this long and tedious journey but everything will be fine and I wish you both all the luck in the world, God bless. ..:wink:

hornash
8th July 2015, 15:35
Rhosalie's husband here. thanks for the information Mark. we have a NI application coming through and we will be sorting out all the rent, tax and doctors as soon as we have some time. Is there anything else anyone can think of that we need? Rhosalie was told she needed to check in at the Philippines Embassy within a few weeks of arrival. We just weren't told why

Michael Parnham
8th July 2015, 16:30
Rhosalie's husband here. thanks for the information Mark. we have a NI application coming through and we will be sorting out all the rent, tax and doctors as soon as we have some time. Is there anything else anyone can think of that we need? Rhosalie was told she needed to check in at the Philippines Embassy within a few weeks of arrival. We just weren't told why

Never heard of that before,:Erm: hope she settles in ok, good luck for the future! :xxgrinning--00xx3: