PDA

View Full Version : Sky TV package

les_taxi
7th July 2015, 16:18
Well at last I think I got the best deal I'm going to get.
Got every channel, hd, sports, movies etc for £33.45 a month

Bit higher than I was originally paying - £22 last 2 years - but could not beat them down further, but I'm happy with that - especially with Ashes series coming up

I consider this a fair deal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
7th July 2015, 16:25
Got every channel,hd,sports,movies etc for £33.45 a month

Bit higher than I was originally paying - £22 last 2 years - but could not beat them down further, but I'm happy with that - especially with Ashes series coming up

What about this Les - leave and then sign up as a new punter & get a Samsung TV.

http://www.sky.com/shop/rewards/?DCMP=afc-385281&affiliate=true

I got shot of them just under a year ago and likewise with their broadband 3 months ago - they're offering me untold to go back but I'm not interested. Footy at the pub, Popcorn time for films, catch up/vpn & freeview for the rest of the TV

les_taxi
7th July 2015, 17:36
Cheers Ded, but I'm a returning customer and I'm happy with deal. Popcorn time is ok but it just streams torrent sites. If I want a movie I just download the best version with DTS. This can't be streamed as it's too high a bit rate. I mainly got it for the sport and although I can watch stuff the quality is crap. I want hi def for the ashes etc.

I can get anything off the net, but I missed the facility to record stuff, and now i can watch all the box sets too so I'm happy at a quid a day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
7th July 2015, 17:50
Cheers Ded, but I'm a returning customer and I'm happy with deal. Popcorn time is ok but it just streams torrent sites. If I want a movie I just download the best version with DTS. This can't be streamed as it's too high a bit rate. I mainly got it for the sport and although I can watch stuff the quality is crap. I want hi def for the ashes etc.

I can get anything off the net, but I missed the facility to record stuff, and now I can watch all the box sets too, so I'm happy at a quid a day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thats fair enough Les like you say a quid a day for what you want. You can save Popcorn time vids (but you have to let them stream first) there's a PopcornTime Folder in your downloads file in that you'll find the films but unless you amend the settings on Popcorn Time it deletes the file when you close the program (un-check "clear tmp after closing app") :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
7th July 2015, 18:40

Does that include super fast broadband and free landline phone calls Les?

les_taxi
7th July 2015, 20:04
No I have separate deals for them Michael. I have Virgin broadband 100mbps at £22 and Virgin sim only at £15 a month so added up it's £70 a month but when I equate that to £2.35 a day I'm happy with that. My phone is a sat nav too - invaluable for me.

Don't forget everything I download is free so I never pay for the latest cd, Blu-Ray or pc game so I save more than I spend. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gm47
8th July 2015, 07:24

How did you manage that ???? I think I am paying nearly double that

I called them saying I was closing my account as I needed to save money, the first time I got a little discount, the 2nd time they said ok no problem and put me through to somebody that took my details to close it. I had to back down eventually :thumbsdown:

I have everything but movies, just don't know how you can get the cost so low !!

jake
8th July 2015, 07:34
If only....
Do you get most of the football games live on Sky?
My 'English team' were promoted to the premiership and I won't be able to watch a single game here in the Philippines :mad:

stevewool
8th July 2015, 07:46
If only....
My 'English team' were promoted to the premiership and I won't be able to watch a single game here in the Philippines :mad:

You seem to be doing well so far Jake, you have been connected for more then few minutes already, or has this taken you hours to put on here a few answers

jake
8th July 2015, 07:55
You seem to be doing well so far Jake, you have been connected for more then few minutes already, or has this taken you hours to put on here a few answers

I save them all on Microsoft word and waited :smile: We have just had Globe Tattoo@Home installed. Not sure how well it works yet but anything is an improvement on what we had before.
Would love to be able to watch the fitba live again.

stevewool
8th July 2015, 08:01
I am looking at changing what we have here, I am not into sports or films I want the cheapest deal for what I am wanting, but Iam lazy just at the moment.

I am with Virgin and I am happy with the service, broadband is more important then tv for me for now,

Michael Parnham
8th July 2015, 08:20
No I have separate deals for them Michael. I have Virgin broadband 100mbps at £22 and Virgin sim only at £15 a month so added up it's £70 a month but when I equate that to £2.35 a day I'm happy with that. My phone is a sat nav too - invaluable for me.

Don't forget everything I download is free so I never pay for the latest cd, Blu-Ray or pc game so I save more than I spend. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I only asked because I pay £30.33p for everything! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gm47
8th July 2015, 09:38
If only....
Do you get most of the football games live on sky?

Which "English" team is that?
Would it be possible for you to use Skygo using a friend in the UK's Sky membership, of course you would have to hide your Philippines IP address.

gm47
8th July 2015, 09:40
People are saying how little they pay but not telling us how :bigcry:

jake
8th July 2015, 10:41
Which "English" team is that?
Would it be possible for you to use Skygo using a friend in the UK's Sky membership, of course you would have to hide your Philippines IP address.

Watford :football21:

I will look into Skygo. Thanks for the tip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
8th July 2015, 10:57
I will tell you how - you bite the bullet and leave, say some sob story and wait. When I did this 2 years ago after about a month they begged me to come back and I got the best deal ever £22 a month for 2 years. You have to leave and do without it though. Not easy but worth it in the end. They will be desperate for you to come back :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gm47
8th July 2015, 11:10
Cheers, but will have to wait until after the ashes :)

gm47
8th July 2015, 11:12
hope it works for you.

My team went the other way :( from the PL to the Championship :( so not so much on the TV now.

les_taxi
8th July 2015, 12:01
Cheers but will have to wait until after the ashes :)

Good man. That's why I renewed lol.

raynaputi
8th July 2015, 14:35
If only....

Not all games are on Sky..although they have more compared to BT. When I was in the Philippines, they show live football matches in Star Sports or ESPN I think. One time Keith and I were chatting and we both were watching the same football match.

You can probably take a look at this.. http://www.beinsports.ph/

jake
9th July 2015, 13:40
Not all games are on Sky..although they have more compared to BT. When I was in the Philippines, they show live football matches in Star Sports or ESPN I think. One time Keith and I were chatting and we both were watching the same football match.

You can probably take a look at this.. http://www.beinsports.ph/

The local TV stations lost the contract to show Premiership games two season ago. The contract still has another season to run. We get the Spanish and Russian leagues games instead :thumbsdown:

Thanks for the link, however Sky Cable is only in the major cities :cwm3:

gm47
9th July 2015, 15:36
Not all games are on Sky.

No but ALL PL games are :smile: which means he can watch Watford every Saturday live or later on Match choice, any week when PL games are played.

The question is, does he really want :cwm24: to watch Watford every Saturday?