PDA

View Full Version : British Gas

stevewool
9th July 2015, 08:09
I have been with British Gas for over 5 years now and i am happy with what i am paying, at the end of each year i may owe them around £40 to £60 and i pay that over the phone, they do try to put up my direct debit so i dont have to pay the extra but i am happy doing it my way,
Just had to read both meters and i am in credit on both , £18+ on the electric and over £40+ on the gas and they ave just put it back into my bank account,
This is the first time i have had it put into my account, i would rather leave it with them so if my bill is more the next time it should cover the extra, some may say better in your bank Steve, and yes maybe but why change something you are happy with.
Hope Ems does not read this or its another pair of shoes for her, HELLO EMS :Hellooo:

grahamw48
9th July 2015, 08:23
I'm with them now also, in my new old people's bungy...dual fuel.

I've got one of those 'smart meter' thingamajigs. Blinkin marvellous. Just press a button and it tells me exactly how much I'm not going to be able to afford. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
9th July 2015, 16:24
Love British Gas, never used anyone else! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
16th July 2015, 15:22
I'm Daligas for Gas & Scottish Power for Electricity

Check my posts at the end of this thread - http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/49254-Fixing-the-price-of-Gas-amp-Electric/page2?highlight=dual+fuel

dual fuel can often be a rip off

Rosie1958
20th July 2015, 04:24
I'm with BG too and was also given a refund of over £100 credit earlier this year, only to find that they then put my monthly payments up by 25% the next quarter :doh

stevewool
20th July 2015, 06:39
I'm with BG too and was also given a refund of over £100 credit earlier this year, only to find that they then put my monthly payments up by 25% the next quarter :doh

Tell them to revert it back Rosie, they will if thats what you want to happen

grahamw48
20th July 2015, 10:59
It was sooo much easier when you just went down to the Gas Board showroom with your bill and paid it. :doh

les_taxi
20th July 2015, 11:44
Better when we had slot meters and when they read the meter and counted the cash you got refunds!

grahamw48
20th July 2015, 12:56
My mate came in one night to his bedsit. Kicked his slot gas meter in a temper....and got free gas from it until he moved out. :laugher: