PDA

View Full Version : Irish guy locked up in Philippine jail

raynaputi
10th July 2015, 18:07
...apparently for drug charges he said was planted to his belongings by police.

Story here: http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/i-refused-to-pay-their-corruption-money-cork-man-eanna-cochlin-appeals-to-irish-people-for-help-to-turn-over-drug-charge-in-philippines-31364090.html

Tawi2
10th July 2015, 18:26
Pinas is only the 3'rd most corrupt country in the world :Erm: they should have bribed the voters as usual,might have came in 1'st place :icon_lol: I bet nigeria is tops :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
10th July 2015, 20:56
I wonder why he said he was getting an international flight from Laoag when he was actually catching a domestic flight to Manila? :Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
21st October 2017, 00:02
Update on this........

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/irish-man-facing-prison-in-philippines-feels-abandoned-by-state-1.3263552

Tawi2
21st October 2017, 09:55
Head south, get a boat across to Malaysia, put some distance between yourself and the PI then turn yourself in to the Irish Embassy wherever, and ask for an ETD. :wink: Better than sitting there maintaining your innocence because no one in the PI will believe you :cwm25:

fred
22nd October 2017, 01:04
Head south, get a boat across to Malaysia, put some distance between yourself and the PI then turn yourself in to the Irish Embassy wherever, and ask for an ETD. :wink: Better than sitting there maintaining your innocence because no one in the PI will believe you :cwm25:

Agreed but with his luck he`ll probably be kidnapped during his escape attempt and held for ransom by Abu Sayaff!

Tawi2
22nd October 2017, 08:45
Agreed but with his luck he`ll probably be kidnapped during his escape attempt and held for ransom by Abu Sayaff!

I did it from Sitangkai across to Sabah, but you're right, even though his family have money he is going to have to sit it out either inside nick or outside, he hasn't got any luck :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
22nd October 2017, 11:20
Isn't there a boat from Sarangani to Indonesia? That would be safer than going out west if you're not Rambo. :wink:

fred
22nd October 2017, 13:42
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq-hbUqHAxy_cRYCuUhWrl6dur4mt4_VZRGkE25lKQ9t_lH8w7CQ

Trefor
23rd October 2017, 11:35
If he has access to funds then it definitely sounds like a good idea to get to out, and I'm sure money will buy a ride. However, once you get to one of these neighbouring countries, how do you deal with the fact you have no entry stamp in your passport when you try and leave? Or is that where the embassy/consulate comes in?

Tawi2
23rd October 2017, 12:30
Money talks in Asia Trefor, :smile: the cash that gets you from Pinas into Malaysia will also get you across through porous Asian borders to the Irish embassy closest to you. People-smuggling routes or corridors are open around the world especially to someone with a few quid. You land after dark on a coast somewhere, no one's there to ask immigration questions.

Trefor
23rd October 2017, 14:16
Money talks in Asia Trefor, :smile: the cash that gets you from Pinas into Malaysia will also get you across through porous Asian borders to the Irish embassy closest to you. People-smuggling routes or corridors are open around the world especially to someone with a few quid. You land after dark on a coast somewhere, no one's there to ask immigration questions.

Tawi, you make it sound like the South Coast of England :-)

Tawi2
23rd October 2017, 14:31
When I went back-door from the PI no one in Sabah greeted our boat when we landed at night. :smile: When I came back from Sabah to Sitangkai with a boat of illegal immigrant Pinoys there was no customs or immigration officers. :smile: Corridors everywhere :wink: