PDA

View Full Version : Countdown To "Planet" Pluto Flyby!

Arthur Little
14th July 2015, 12:38
NASA finds dwarf planet is red(ish) in hue -oxidised like Mars - in marked contrast to being icily dark grey as originally speculated.

All a bit technical for the likes of me ... but may be of some interest to those with more scientific minds: :wink:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/11737854/Pluto-flyby-the-first-pictures-of-dwarf-planet-from-New-Horizon-spacecraft-live.html :ReadIt:

les_taxi
14th July 2015, 14:01
Yes Arthur, very interesting :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
14th July 2015, 18:06
I just cant seem to get a good shot, its just a blur with my lens :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jonnijon
14th July 2015, 23:00
And to think it's only about 150 years since we learned to fly. The greatest thing in my mind is how they landed a probe on a comet. Some very clever people out there. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th July 2015, 02:18
And to think it's only about 150 years since we learned to fly. The greatest thing in my mind is how they landed a probe on a comet. Some very clever people out there. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Exactly :xxgrinning--00xx3:
What words can we use. Some like epic, historic, mind blowing. I'm lucky to have witnessed so many such events.

Yes, what clever people there are. The technology must be 15 years old when you consider the journey time, build time and design time. Our smart phones have more processing capability.

I get really excited about such projects as these.

I wonder what's next in the pipeline? If anything?

jonnijon
15th July 2015, 22:47
Beam me up Peter :laugher: